February Durham Members forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the crack with the hotel? Any plans kicking about? Will be ideal for family visiting and local businesses. I’m assuming it’s going to be where they are currently testing if it’s at the north end of the ground.
awaiting final go ahead but seem to think it's a formality. Yes, sited along the area behind the sightscreens at the Lumley end. Includes a conference centre and a viewing area which will be accessible to members.
exciting prospect!
You know what mate I’m actually considering it, but daft as it sounds was worried I might be taking a place off a worthy local, but if there’s essentially 1200 places going spare...

My heart is in Yorkshire and I would most likely be back after this one (hopefully) unique season but if it gives me a better chance of seeing more cricket this season it is very tempting I must admit. Only an hour and a half up the A1
Although it's not advertised on the website I'm pretty certain country membership is still available (Aye, I remember!😀), eligibility resident 50miles from ground iirc.
Furthermore, many on here are Durham defenders which enables us to bring a guest to the games. I'm sure many of us would offer you that hospitality.

Last edited:

awaiting final go ahead but seem to think it's a formality. Yes, sited along the area behind the sightscreens at the Lumley end. Includes a conference centre and a viewing area which will be accessible to members.
exciting prospect!

Although it's not advertised on the website I'm pretty certain country membership is still available (Aye, I remember!😀), eligibility resident 50miles from ground iirc.
Furthermore, many on here are Durham defenders which enables us to bring a guest to the games. I'm sure many of us would offer you that hospitality.
Cheers mate. Aye can’t see any mention on the website so guess it would just be a case of ringing the club?

And thanks for the offer 😊 Although I’m sure at the same time a few would have more worthy guests than a random poster from a “football” forum (will always be the Durham cricket forum to me mind)

The fearsome Deckchair Casuals wont like this.:lol:
I often take my fishing chairs. I dont go fishing but they are spot on for an afternoon at the cricket. Sat next to a mcc tie wearing bloke and his mrs, who had a table set up with an array of items . He moaned at the umpire non stop

Probably. Big fella, white jacket thing he wore, whilst making it clear of his owning an mcc tie. I sort of sidled away as the afternoon went on. He did not like Nick Cook the umpire

Saw him and the missus getting into their car after a CC game. It’s not hard to guess what 3 of the letters of the registration are. But here’s a clue: bacon and egg.

Former Durham player John Morris is definitely another subject he warms to.😄
Thank you, I’ll do my research :lol: . I cannot wait for an afternoon in the sun around CLS. I wouldn’t mind that much if there was no game on. Just experiencing the grass and sun again
Saw him and the missus getting into their car after a CC game. It’s not hard to guess what 3 of the letters of the registration are. But here’s a clue: bacon and egg.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent, definitely options to wind the old duffer right up. Starting with his opinion on this current series in india

He famously lead his fellow Deckchair Casuals when they took the previously impregnable Durham Members Balcony in 'The Battle Of The Thruppence Hapenny Cup of Tea ' in the early 2000s. Their only weapons were a couple of thermos flasks and a rolled up Playfair Cricket Annual.

You can tell its 17 months since I've been in the ground and I'm going slightly stir crazy.:lol:

He famously lead his fellow Deckchair Casuals when they took the previously impregnable Durham Members Balcony in 'The Battle Of The Thruppence Hapenny Cup of Tea ' in the early 2000s. Their only weapons were a couple of thermos flasks and a rolled up Playfair Cricket Annual.

You can tell its 17 months since I've been in the ground and I'm going slightly stir crazy.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:. I love a rebel

Looking forward to seeing the plans for the hotel and conference centre, hopefully they get rid of them minging temporary but now permanent seats either side of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back