February Durham Members forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

vounty
Me too. Excited to see who comes in April and excited that the club have made the commitment to Borthwick to skipper the side.
Well watching some of the test cricket from New Zealand over the winter the Kiwis are taking this world test championship very seriously so it maybe one of their test players not involved in the IPL may fancy a good month's county cricket as prep for it. Although there is more than a months gap between Bancroft's arrival and the final at Lord's. Hopefully our coach has been using his contacts back home.

Well watching some of the test cricket from New Zealand over the winter the Kiwis are taking this world test championship very seriously so it maybe one of their test players not involved in the IPL may fancy a good month's county cricket as prep for it. Although there is more than a months gap between Bancroft's arrival and the final at Lord's. Hopefully our coach has been using his contacts back home.
Latham?

You know what mate I’m actually considering it, but daft as it sounds was worried I might be taking a place off a worthy local, but if there’s essentially 1200 places going spare...

My heart is in Yorkshire and I would most likely be back after this one (hopefully) unique season but if it gives me a better chance of seeing more cricket this season it is very tempting I must admit. Only an hour and a half up the A1

Whey aye, it’s different to other sports - spent a lot of time down Manchester during my adolescence and would often pop into Old Trafford (sorry for swearing ;)) to watch championship cricket irrespective of who they were playing. Just used to sit for hours and enjoy good cricket.

I remember having a conversation with a Notts member at Trent Bridge one year too who said his membership gets him in at Grace Road and at Derby and he spends his days there when they play and Notts are away. Not sure if that still applies.

Regardless of how many we’re allowed in, it’s unlikely it’ll be ‘full’.

You know what mate I’m actually considering it, but daft as it sounds was worried I might be taking a place off a worthy local, but if there’s essentially 1200 places going spare...

My heart is in Yorkshire and I would most likely be back after this one (hopefully) unique season but if it gives me a better chance of seeing more cricket this season it is very tempting I must admit. Only an hour and a half up the A1

I'd recommend Thursday August 12 for the 50 over home game against Hampshire.:D

Whey aye, it’s different to other sports - spent a lot of time down Manchester during my adolescence and would often pop into Old Trafford (sorry for swearing ;)) to watch championship cricket irrespective of who they were playing. Just used to sit for hours and enjoy good cricket.

I remember having a conversation with a Notts member at Trent Bridge one year too who said his membership gets him in at Grace Road and at Derby and he spends his days there when they play and Notts are away. Not sure if that still applies.

Regardless of how many we’re allowed in, it’s unlikely it’ll be ‘full’.
Aye not sure if dual memberships are available anymore but I’ve passed the time at a game with many a person who are members of a couple of counties. Usually if they live somewhere like Sheffield or North Yorkshire (or south Durham) about halfway between a couple of grounds, or if they’re expats they’ll have a membership for their adopted county and their county of birth. I couldn’t afford it normally but after the last year I’ve got quite a bit spare

Aye not sure if dual memberships are available anymore but I’ve passed the time at a game with many a person who are members of a couple of counties. Usually if they live somewhere like Sheffield or North Yorkshire (or south Durham) about halfway between a couple of grounds, or if they’re expats they’ll have a membership for their adopted county and their county of birth. I couldn’t afford it normally but after the last year I’ve got quite a bit spare

Back in our first season in 1992 I think Glamorgan had this incredible offer on of £10 for a season's membership and I know there were a few Durham supporters who took it up as it was a cheaper option than to pay on the door for our Championship game down there.

Very informative
Borthwick new red ball capt
Bancroft returning May 1st
Unnamed replacement for April
Capacity 4000 from May 17- all members can be accommodated
Confident Durham will be a pilot(2000 capacity) for earlier game.
Sticky wicket opens April 12th(pint and sly watch!)
Preseason games v Yorks and Warks
Hotel and conference centre given go ahead(North End of ground)
Finances very robust-including £1.3 m from folly(hundred)
Streaming coverage enhanced,extra cameras,interview with players.

What’s the crack with the hotel? Any plans kicking about? Will be ideal for family visiting and local businesses. I’m assuming it’s going to be where they are currently testing if it’s at the north end of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back