February city breaks

Few Irish bars in the main square? Go a few streets off the main strip for the authentic bars?

I don't think Malaga has a main square or "main strip". The old town is just maze of narrow alleys to get lost in. Of course there are a few Irish bars (as with any city), but they are vastly outnumbered by countless hole in the wall places.

I don't think Malaga has a main square or "main strip". The old town is just maze of narrow alleys to get lost in. Of course there are a few Irish bars (as with any city), but they are vastly outnumbered by countless hole in the wall places.
The Plaza de la Merced has a few bars around it. There's also a canny few bars around C. Granada & C. Calderia which are just round the corner from the main square (Plaza de la Constitución). As you say, there's loads of tapas bars everywhere. I'm off there on 19th February for three nights.

The Plaza de la Merced has a few bars around it. There's also a canny few bars around C. Granada & C. Calderia which are just round the corner from the main square (Plaza de la Constitución). As you say, there's loads of tapas bars everywhere. I'm off there on 19th February for three nights.

We’ve booked for August bank holiday weekend.
Got to say I’m really looking forward to it

The wife is off there next month funnily enough
Looking forward to it

Malaga is great for 3/4 nights just moochin about , enjoy the sun food n drink , gets very busy in the summer was loads of hen doos from other parts of Spain when we were there (August bank hol) we stayed in the plaza constitucion , was much busier than thought would be

Last edited:
Looking forward to it

Malaga is great for 3/4 nights just moochin about , enjoy the sun food n drink , gets very busy in the summer was loads of hen doos from other parts of Spain when we were there (August bank hol) we stayed in the plaza constitucion , was much busier than thought would be
:lol: f***ing hell man

Looking forward to it

Plus if you do get bored of all of that tapas and vino then it's easy to jump on the train along the coast to Torremelinos or Bendalamadina for an all day fry up in a proper British pub!

Best of both worlds!

Aye, I know, look at me, etc.

But...any recommendations for a long weekend away somewhere in Europe? Bit of culture, history, bars, not freezing.
February 9th/10th/11th is Carnival weekend all over Spain. Massive parades, loads of fancy dress and a huge piss up if it's your thing
I would suggest Madrid personally. It'll not exactly be warm but not that cold either. A jacket and you'll be sorted I would imagine.

February is usually a pretty bad month weather wise central and northern Spain. It's when we usually get snow

Last edited:

Back