February city breaks

Seville is perfect in February. Warm enough to sit outside during the day and not that cold in the evening.

Also try Malaga, Lisbon and Valencia for some (hopefully) decent weather, history and good food & drink.

Porto is always fun for a weekend but I'd leave it until slightly later in the year.

Avoid Madrid in the winter.

Went to Faro late last year, nice small city but you have easy rail and bus access to other Algarve places for variety.

Nice? Beautiful, fun and expensive.

Sorrento and Amalfi coast are stunning but have only been in summer so not sure about the winter weather. use googled, it should be about 16 degrees.

Seville is perfect in February. Warm enough to sit outside during the day and not that cold in the evening.

Also try Malaga, Lisbon and Valencia for some (hopefully) decent weather, history and good food & drink.

Porto is always fun for a weekend but I'd leave it until slightly later in the year.

Avoid Madrid in the winter.

Pissing down and freezing in Seville last February. Brightened up when I moved on to Cadiz and Jerez and returned a day or so before the flight back. But it does get cold in Spain sometimes.

Cyprus. Heading home shortly after 11 days here and it's been great. Ancient archaeological sites (Salamis, Pafos, etc.), plenty bars and warm weather. Small island, so you can easily get about if you hire a car.

I’ve just this morning booked a long weekend in Lisbon (oh get me) on the assumption it will be 16 degrees or so. I’m off to Alfama but there’s no way I’m saying which hotel!

Excellent place. I was there in the spring a few years ago. Nice temperature, little bit of rain around.

Could have done with a few degrees cooler actually as I walked everywhere and did get pretty warm!

Back