February 7th live footy on tv

Morning @thamesvalleyman ....hope you both have a well earned couple of days away in Bangkok. Got anything planned whilst there mate or just R & R ?

Morning @Mowbray Boss Gilet ...what stops you from sleeping at night ? I'm awake half the night in pain so can sympathise with you.
i've got psoriatic arthritis and it's completely out of control at the minute. essentially get flare ups in my whole body, chest and back is a killer. can barely move around at times and sleeping makes it worse. always cope better on days where i've had no or very little sleep but it's obviously not the way to deal with it but every few days at the minute i tend to just stay awake so i get a bit more pain relief.

Morning all. Didn’t watch footy last night will watch Villa tonight. Off to graft right now, get this one out of the way and weekend is on horizon 👍
Granddaughters(2) sleeping tonight, look forward to seing them.
Peaceful day to my friends on here, feels like a cold one.

i've got psoriatic arthritis and it's completely out of control at the minute. essentially get flare ups in my whole body, chest and back is a killer. can barely move around at times and sleeping makes it worse. always cope better on days where i've had no or very little sleep but it's obviously not the way to deal with it but every few days at the minute i tend to just stay awake so i get a bit more pain relief.
I had to Google that and it doesn't sound very pleasant, hopefully you feel better soon. Not being able to sleep is horrible I quite often lay awake in pain not being able to doze off.

At least you seem to have things to occupy you in the early hours, good luck with the poker 😉

Back to work with a bump this morning, felt very important especially with a welcoming committee of Middlesbrough supporting colleagues waiting for me to discuss the weekends Tees-Wear shenanigans.

A paraphrased selection of some of the football related comments that greeted me on my return from leave:

(For the purpose of this particular post 'us' and 'we' obviously relate to Middlesbrough and Boro whilst 'yous' refers to SAFC)

"2 $£!t€ teams. Awful goal for us to concede. Took us from a game we were in complete control of to one that we were hanging on. Good team beats either team with ease."

"Not a bad result for yous." (hate that phrase, always reminds me of a reference to an adult female sheep!)

"Very disappointed it felt like a loss in the end to be honest."

"Think that performance summed our season up. Wasted chances. Not good enough and will ultimately end in mid table finish."

"I don't think we're going to make the play-offs this season. Too many teams going for that 6th spot and we've not recruited well enough."

To be fair the last two statements could equally apply to Sunderland and adequately sum up my feelings towards my team at present but I get the distinct impression that Boro were gutted not to win!

Roll on five o'clock (on Friday!) ...

Morning Cyprus, I spied a Cyprus flag amongst the crowd at Stadio Olimpico last Saturday, was that you?
Morning KK, not guilty I'm afraid but it's nice to know that another Cypriot was in attendance nevertheless. I wish I'd have seen that flag, it would have made for an excellent photo opportunity.

We had a great visit to the Stadio Olimpico, the atmosphere was superb, friendly and very well organised. The view of the pitch from our seats in Sector Nord Est was good and the only downside apart from certain aspects of the English performance was the amount of leg room afforded. If you are well over 6' like me (unfeasibly tall and Greek) the seats are very tight with not a great deal of room for manoeuvre!

I do hope to be able to return to Rome again one day for this fixture.

Morning cyprus
Buenos dias gluey! How are you enjoying your time away?

17:00
Nigeria v South Africa
Africa Cup of Nations 2023 Semi-Final
BBC Two Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Premier League Sky Sports Ultra HDR BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

17:00
FC Basel U19 v Bayern Munich U19
UEFA Youth League Play-Off Round
UEFA.tv

17:30
Mainz v Union Berlin
Bundesliga
Sky Sports Mix

19:45
Saarbrucken v Borussia Mönchengladbach
DFB Pokal Quarter-Final
Viaplay Sports 1

19:45
Rangers Women v Hearts Women
SWPL1
BBC Alba BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

20:00
Ivory Coast v DR Congo
Africa Cup of Nations 2023 Semi-Final
BBC Three Sky Sports Premier League BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

Aston Villa v Chelsea
FA Cup Fourth Round Replay
ITV1 STV ITV Player

Hibernian v Celtic
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Main Event Sky Sports Football Sky Sports Ultra HDR

Morning all that’s yer lot Nigeria & Chelsea for me
Afternoon Hank, afternoon everyone
I'll probably watch Aston Villa and watch the AfCON on catch-up later.
Morning Hank, Becs and all from Manila, Philippines.

Morning @two left feet @Bonzo @heroesof73 @WillInSpain @Ark @Ludwig @gluepot @Cyprus @sismanhatton @Mk Mackem @horselover @Al Bundy @Snorbens @macum1920 @Frasmotic
@VHFC

At work until 4pm then heading to the airport, off to.Bangkok with Mrs TVM for a few days.

No football for me today, beer is a possibility.

Stay safe everyone.
Afternoon TVM👍

Last edited:
Morning mate

Good afternoon Vic
Morning @sismanhatton...hope you and Mrs s are keeping well ?

Most of the admin staff at the Nuffield have either moved to a different department or left due to stress 😩

We did have a contact there who would go out of her way to help but has now left. I've been told to call back on Monday if I haven't heard anything this week.

Afternoon mate, we are fine thank you, other than the damaged from the wind. Fencing being done this weekend.

So many health workers have gone over to the private sector and not being replaced.

Morning sis and will, just googled it, seems a nice place, still MLFs by the looks of it!
Logon or register to see this image

Morning VH.

Love things like this, as you do. How the Mangoes today

Last edited:
Buenos dias gluey! How are you enjoying your time away?
Hola amigo, muy bien gracias.
It's not really a holiday, it's the missus wanting to see / help look after her "Mamita", who is 87 and bedbound, can't talk, move, or do anything. She is fed by intubation. She has a nurse and a carer looking after her all the time (as well as 4 other daughters) so there's not much for us to do really. Didn't expect her to see out 2023 but she did it. Hence I'm idling most of the time as you can probably tell by my increased output of utter bollocks on this thread. But a change is as good as a rest isn't it!.
Here's a message I got from a Boro fan...

Love things like this, as you do. How the Mangoes today
Hi Sis, no mangoes today, but pineapples super sweet and delicious

Hola amigo, muy bien gracias.
It's not really a holiday, it's the missus wanting to see / help look after her "Mamita", who is 87 and bedbound, can't talk, move, or do anything. She is fed by intubation. She has a nurse and a carer looking after her all the time (as well as 4 other daughters) so there's not much for us to do really. Didn't expect her to see out 2023 but she did it. Hence I'm idling most of the time as you can probably tell by my increased output of utter bollocks on this thread. But a change is as good as a rest isn't it!.
Here's a message I got from a Boro fan...
Thanks for providing the context and I truly hope your good lady derives some comfort in spending precious time with "Mamita" and her loved ones. The most important things in life are our family and health, nothing else comes close. I wish you all well.

Going back to the football, I always tended to find that a 1-1 draw quells both sets of supporters but the Boro fans haven't taken this at all well. Just imagine the reaction if we'd won!

Evening all, will watch Villa/Chelsea.
Anyway been phoning around for my car insurance, paid £295 fully comp lat year. They've quoted me £695 this year, only difference being, for the first time ever got three points on my licence speeding (37mph)😱. Tried Compare.com, £900. Are they bloody mental
Have a goodun folks.

Just back from leg adventures.
It's still cowld and tonight is gonna be cowlder than last night. Lows of -3.
The side of my jam jar shouldn't freeze though, so thanks mr gritter for that mate 😆
Noticed a little yacht ⛵ out in the sea as darkness was falling.
Seems a bit mental to be out there in one of those in freezing Feb at dusk like 🤷‍♂️

Back