Favourite Type of Dismissal

A plum lbw but one where the delivery is so good that the batsman has absolutely no idea what to do and by time he's decided he's already gone.

Or a catch at silly point

Virat Kohli nicking Jimmy Anderson to the keeper, first ball.

and then standing there is disbelief that someone has had the audacity to get him out ....... especially when the stumps are all owa !

As a former bowler, either middle stump out of the ground or off stump uprooted with the bail still on leg and middle

Last edited:

This is the correct answer.

On a similar note, I love being in the ground when a batsman gets out bowled, the hush as the bowler delivers the ball, the click as the bails are removed and the split second silence while the crowd processes it before going mental.

Absolutely this, the right arm over, vicious, reverse-swinging inswinger, at pace, which sends the stumps absolutely everywhere is correct and especially so if you're at the ground.

Also love a slower ball that completey fucks the batsman to the same effect - see here Hamison's amazing one to defeat the same batsman, in the same series.

Absolutely this, the right arm over, vicious, reverse-swinging inswinger, at pace, which sends the stumps absolutely everywhere is correct and especially so if you're at the ground.

Also love a slower ball that completey fucks the batsman to the same effect - see here Hamison's amazing one to defeat the same batsman, in the same series.

I was there for the Harmison slower ball and it was what my description earlier on of being in the ground is based on.

Ultimately, that ball won us the game.

Playing on, mainly the ones where they trickle back to the stumps and one bail just slowly rocks off. Batsmen looking back hoping it stays on

An lbw that is so plumb that the batsman is half way to the pavilion before the umpire has raised his finger - in fact a bit like when Ottis got Mr. Modest at Lords in the 2007 Friends Provident Final.:lol::lol:
Aye remember that, at the game, first time I have seen a batsman walk for lbw.

At least it seemed that wayšŸ˜€

Last edited:
Iā€™ve always enjoyed a good mankading meā€¦ some asshat batsman getting whatā€™s due. Especially when itā€™s ā€œcontroversialā€. Nothing better than a hypocritical dildo-head complaining that him being caught cheating is the bowlers fault. Screw them. In fact, I would propose that if a batsman gets mankaded in the first innings, heā€™s out in the second innings as well.
The game of your dreams happened today
Cameroon v Uganda: Bowler Mankads four batters - Bowler 'Mankads' four batters in one game

Back