Favourite David Bowie Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus being, as you may well know, a cover version of a Pixies song. Coincidentally, on Heathen, there's a cover of a Neil Young song - I've been waiting for you - that the Pixies had previously covered themselves.

Two of my constant Bowie faves have already been mentioned on here, Queen Bitch and Five Years.

Thanks for the reply.

I knew about Cactus being a Pixies cover but must say I think Bowie's version knocks it into a cocked hat.

On the other hand, I was unaware about the history relating to "I've been waiting for you" - must now have a listen to both of those.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Sid
Thanks for the reply.

I knew about Cactus being a Pixies cover but must say I think Bowie's version knocks it into a cocked hat.

On the other hand, I was unaware about the history relating to "I've been waiting for you" - must now have a listen to both of those.

Thanks again.
Thanks. I'm a big fan of the Pixies and I've been waiting for you is one of my all time favourite covers. I've still got the 12" that it appears on as a b-side plus the b-side compilation that it turned up on years later.

Not seen Station to Station mentioned yet so just throwing that in. Not my favourite of all time but the voodoo menace of the first 5 mins is exceptional.

Pretty much any song he did from Hunky Dory up to the Fame album, if you managed to come up with just one song as good as any on any of them you'd be doing exceptionally well.

I think if I had to choose one at gunpoint Life on Mars is the single best example of his virtuosity in song writing. It's in a class of its own.

Not seen Station to Station mentioned yet so just throwing that in. Not my favourite of all time but the voodoo menace of the first 5 mins is exceptional.

Pretty much any song he did from Hunky Dory up to the Fame album, if you managed to come up with just one song as good as any on any of them you'd be doing exceptionally well.

I think if I had to choose one at gunpoint Life on Mars is the single best example of his virtuosity in song writing. It's in s class of its own.

One of the best opening tracks ever IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back