Favourite David Bowie Track

I never warmed to him I must admit, got some good stuff though no doubting

I used to listen to changes a lot after one particularly bad break up, got me through it!

I was sitting at Newcastle Central Station circa 6am having a cup of coffee waiting for the 622 to Edinburgh when the news of his death came through. Couldnt believe it.
Was he supposed to be driving the train like?

Love Luther me, best male singer ever imo, subtly different to anyone else especially when singing sad songs. Lyrically it's a bit iffy but 'Dance With My Father' gets me every time and he sung the best ever version of 'Superstar'. Only ever saw him once at the Arena about 20 years ago, was going through one of his 'chubby' stages and his self deprecating humour and superb voice made it a totally unforgettable night, sadly missed indeed.
Played at my FiLs funeral, I cannit listen to it now. :cry:

Last edited:
Love Luther me, best male singer ever imo, subtly different to anyone else especially when singing sad songs. Lyrically it's a bit iffy but 'Dance With My Father' gets me every time and he sung the best ever version of 'Superstar'. Only ever saw him once at the Arena about 20 years ago, was going through one of his 'chubby' stages and his self deprecating humour and superb voice made it a totally unforgettable night, sadly missed indeed.
I saw him at the Arena in 2002 - Luther Vandross with special guests - just a couple of years before he died. I didnt originally pick him up on Young Americans until a couple of years later when he brought out Never Too Much, I then backtracked to Young Americans and I was hooked on him. Helped that one of my mates is/was a DJ in the Jazz Funk/Soul scene (now promotes events all over Europe, including an annual one in Croatia) and he loved Luther. The rest was history.

With Vandross involved it was hardly surprising that the likes of "Right" emerged from Young Americans. As soulful as you can get.

Sad day when he went. He is one of my all time favourites along with Aretha Franklin, Bowie and one or two others. This is typical of Luther. Fantastic voice:

Last edited:

Back