FAVOURITE CRICKET BOOKS

Random bump, but I recently got a copy of Cricket Crisis by Jack Fingleton, Aussie opening batter during the Bodyline series.

Genuinely one of the most interesting, brilliantly written and un-put-downable books I've ever purchased
From what I remember he wasn't Bradman's No.1 Fan.

Random bump, but I recently got a copy of Cricket Crisis by Jack Fingleton, Aussie opening batter during the Bodyline series.

Genuinely one of the most interesting, brilliantly written and un-put-downable books I've ever purchased

Thanks....going on holiday in a couple of weeks. Will seek this out.

From what I remember he wasn't Bradman's No.1 Fan.
Oh he absolutely hates him.

Apparently he was in the press box when The Don got his infamous final duck at The Oval, and laughed so hard someone thought he was gonna have a stroke :lol:
Thanks....going on holiday in a couple of weeks. Will seek this out.
I bought it for that exact purpose, but I honestly think I'll have finished the book before I've even packed my case!

'Kim Hughes - Golden Boy' by Christian Ryan.
Not just a biography of the first Aussie captain to cry at a press conference but a rather candid look at Aussie cricket in the days of Packer and WSC, the Chappells and the feuds between certain players. Lillee and Marsh's dislike of Hughes is a running theme throughout the book and of course it covers a time when they would usually be beaten by us quite convincingly.:D

Apparantly it was voted Best Cricket Book Ever in a Wisden poll. IMHO I've read better but would still highly recommend it.

'Kim Hughes - Golden Boy' by Christian Ryan.
Not just a biography of the first Aussie captain to cry at a press conference but a rather candid look at Aussie cricket in the days of Packer and WSC, the Chappells and the feuds between certain players. Lillee and Marsh's dislike of Hughes is a running theme throughout the book and of course it covers a time when they would usually be beaten by us quite convincingly.:D

Apparantly it was voted Best Cricket Book Ever in a Wisden poll. IMHO I've read better but would still highly recommend it.

Read it in about 8 hours in one go. Absolutely brilliant. Very sad in places

Back