Favourite Auf Wiedersehen Pet moments?

I've just watched the first two series again on the UKTV Play app over the last couple of weeks and it still stand-up to anything we've seen since.

The favourite programme of my life...bar none.

Just one thought though, a shame the writers didn't think of doing some of the character's birthdays, 30th/40th/50th etc or even just a normal birthday.

Can you imagine Oz down the brothel in Dusseldorf on his birthday, Wayne at an exclusive club surrounded by pretty women, Barry just being Barry etc? Maybe they missed a trick there.

The favourite programme of my life...bar none.

Just one thought though, a shame the writers didn't think of doing some of the character's birthdays, 30th/40th/50th etc or even just a normal birthday.

Can you imagine Oz down the brothel in Dusseldorf on his birthday, Wayne at an exclusive club surrounded by pretty women, Barry just being Barry etc? Maybe they missed a trick there.
And I'm certain Oz Bomber and Dennis could have " persuaded" Barry and Moxey to have a turn with Suzy Wong after a drunken night out. I can see them two worrying about getting the clap inspecting their bits in the hut😀.

Not Wayne though, too much going on, and Neville was too loved up.... or was he just too scared of the consequences.??

@hank williams did you give up on the answer to post 711?

What was the product being marketed at the conference in Series 2 that Barry ended up at by mistake ?

I answered it in post 716 ya daft sod

Erizmus mark 2

If you give a good answer you'll have his job by xmas
gluepot said:
Vaguely remember in the lift Samantha's and way ling but then again way ling might be in wolverhampton where hazel went.
He says the coconut tree as well but not it's cracked up to be 😂

Last edited:
One of favourite Ally Fraser lines was in that scene when him and Kenny are in the jacuzzi.
After Kenny mentions that film and Ally says “I’m sure Barry Norman would be delighted to hear the rest of it”.
Genius scriptwriting.
"Why not give her a call. See if she's still got the tent". What was the name of Vicki's mate who she supposedly had many a successful holiday with before meeting Ally?

Last edited:

Back