Fatal stabbing at Eldon Square

For me personally, anyone who uses any implement, beit a screwdriver, knife, hammer, table or even a car as we have seen all too clearly in Reading today, to inflict harm on anyone goes away for a minimum (No parole) 10 years in the harshest of environments. Any one who kills some one, its life and that means life. The consensus as to bringing back Hanging for a capital offence is around , I think it was 86% of the population surveyed, is gathering pace. Yes, a minority will be innocent, but the majority will be guilty.
Would you have hung the Birmingham pub bombers?

For me personally, anyone who uses any implement, beit a screwdriver, knife, hammer, table or even a car as we have seen all too clearly in Reading today, to inflict harm on anyone goes away for a minimum (No parole) 10 years in the harshest of environments. Any one who kills some one, its life and that means life. The consensus as to bringing back Hanging for a capital offence is around , I think it was 86% of the population surveyed, is gathering pace. Yes, a minority will be innocent, but the majority will be guilty.

It'll not happen. Stop wishing for it. We're not that backward that we do state sponsored murder.

The part I have hilighted is the exact reason capital punishment shouldn't be brought back.

Capital punishment will never be back on UK shores.
It will return to a tipping point.
If we reintroduce Capital punishment we're no better than those we judge.
Well, that being the case, we should let everyone who wants to harm another human being run riot because that is what your espousing.
It'll not happen. Stop wishing for it. We're not that backward that we do state sponsored murder.
I'm not wishing for it, it will happen as a matter of course at some point.

Last edited:
It will return to a tipping point.

Well, that being the case, we should let everyone who wants to harm another human being run riot because that is what your espousing.

I'm not wishing for it, it will happen as a matter of course at some point.

I really f***ing hope not. We're better than that.

The part I have hilighted is the exact reason capital punishment shouldn't be brought back.
Bit the same in going to war because at this moment in time, that's what this country and others are in due to people spouting "yer cant do that to him/her/them "
I really f***ing hope not. We're better than that.
I too would love to live in a world where everything is fine,, no wars, no murders, no killings but we dont.

Last edited:
Due process of law shouldn't result in a society killing them. Remove them from society. Killing them is a get out for both parties.
Save £60,000 pp a year by incarcerating them, when they have no hope of release, that could be spent elsewhere... NHS, Police, Defence etc

Save £60,000 pp a year by incarcerating them, when they have no hope of release, that could be spent elsewhere... NHS, Police, Defence etc

This is why I'd advocate Crime Island. We just need another offshore place to dump everyone who's a complete waster and let them fight it out - to the death if necessary.
There would be resources on there for them to live, make shelters etc, but if any of them try making a boat, that's when the navy get target practice.

Crime Island. It pays for itself.

That won't end well.
But we all know that.

Two young lads (early 20’s)having dinner in the same hotel as us last night hardly spoke a word and spent almost all the time head down in their phones.

At breakfast this morning apart from a grunt to the waiter, it was same as the night before, head down whilst eating, the one I could see was on Facebook all the time .

What’s the f***ing matter with folk nowadays where they have to spend all the time on the bastard phone.

Heard today that the bloke had been a guest at Cattermole’s wedding. Friend of the bride I think.

A colleague who attended a police briefing yesterday afternoon with city centre business partners said that he didn’t know that he had been struck with screwdriver, just continued walking on....

Back