FAO: Peeps looking for a FM19 laptop

What spec gfx card does the footy manager 3d engine actually require?

I've seen loads of people report it will work on just about anything, though I expect that it will be choppy as fuck on cpu integrated gfx.

EDIT

Found the FM19 bare minimum specs:

Processor:

• Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core or AMD Athlon
  • 2.2 GHz or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics Cards: Cards equal to or better than the following:

• Intel GMA X4500
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
  • AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
256MB VRAM

DirectX Version 9.0c or higher

Hard Drive Space: 7 GB available space

Last edited:

I've seen loads of people report it will work on just about anything, though I expect that it will be choppy as fuck on cpu integrated gfx.
I'm sure it'll run on just about owt. And FM lends itself to slow machines really - click "next" and then do something else while it calculates.
And there's the 2D view, if you don't have the graphics for the 3D engine.

That's how I've played Civ games on very low-powered machines in the past.

Just wondering if the 3D engine actually runs at an acceptable level on Intel Integrated Graphics?

Edit: Looks like that's very much YES

Hmm, maybe we're over-egging this for FM if a typical £300 lappy will do the trick?

Last edited:
I'm sure it'll run on just about owt. And FM lends itself to slow machines really - click "next" and then do something else while it calculates.
And there's the 2D view, if you don't have the graphics for the 3D engine.

That's how I've played Civ games on very low-powered machines in the past.

Just wondering if the 3D engine actually runs at an acceptable level on Intel Integrated Graphics?

Edit: Looks like that's very much YES

Hmm, maybe we're over-egging this for FM if a typical £300 lappy will do the trick?
Yeah, just watched a video of someone playing 2017 on intel hd 620 @ about 20 fps.

It's not like your actually involved in the game (where a higher fps would matter) and it looks entirely watchable.

I don't think we need to be looking at dedicated gfx for FM19.

Yeah, just watched a video of someone playing 2017 on intel hd 620 @ about 20 fps.
It's not like your actually involved in the game (where a higher fps would matter) and it looks entirely watchable.
I don't think we need to be looking at dedicated gfx for FM19.
Yup
Just recommended this to James, who I know is after a machine for FM and retro gaming
LENOVO IdeaPad 330S 14" Intel® Core™ i3 Laptop - 128 GB SSD, Blue

Its the same one I bought for my dad on Black Friday (although we slapped another 4Gb Ram in his, which was a bit of a fart on - it had a metal sheild around the Ram slot!)

That was the only thing letting it down. Nice and big though ;)
Does footy manager benefit from a high resolution? Can't say i've ever considered it.
I find browsing the web on anything less than 900p to be a nightmare. I'd pick the Lenovo over that HP any day, just for the HD screen. The £50 difference covers the ram.

I find browsing the web on anything less than 900p to be a nightmare. I'd pick the Lenovo over that HP any day, just for the HD screen. The £50 difference covers the ram.
Fair one.

Was just about to say it doesn't bother me; then I realised that I consider this monitor to be shit and its 1050 pixels vertically.

I'm sure there'll be something out there that has the i3, 8gb ram, a little ssd and a full hd screen for ~£400. It's bothering me that I can't find it :p

Fair one.

Was just about to say it doesn't bother me; then I realised that I consider this monitor to be shit and its 1050 pixels vertically.

I'm sure there'll be something out there that has the i3, 8gb ram, a little ssd and a full hd screen for ~£400. It's bothering me that I can't find it :p
That lenovo There's an empty ram slot.

Well don't I wish I'd seen this thread when it was posted!

Just went to get one of the laptops linked in the few opening posts and they're back up to full price.

Well don't I wish I'd seen this thread when it was posted!

Just went to get one of the laptops linked in the few opening posts and they're back up to full price.
Will be - Black Friday in 3 weeks, so everything is back up to full price to make it look like a great sale ;)

Will be - Black Friday in 3 weeks, so everything is back up to full price to make it look like a great sale ;)
I'm hoping to pick up a bargain in the black Friday sales. I was wanting to get a laptop how, but like you say everyone has ramped the prices back up to make the savings look huge. Football Manager and Motorsport Manager are the only two games I'll be running on it mind, so hopefully I'll not have to fork out too much.

Back