Family shoot from the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajax_andy

Here's some photos from a shoot with a family I did in their home at the weekend... hoping for some feedback on how they look. Also I struggle with home studio shoots as it's hard to get enough space to set up more than one light on the backdrop and also get them far enough away to avoid spillage... do the backgrounds look ok or a little too grey?

any other critique also welcome :)

Logon or register to see this image

Do they especially want their pictures on here andy?

I know my missus would go mental at summat like that tbh

Do they especially want their pictures on here andy?

I know my missus would go mental at summat like that tbh

Well they're on my website anyway so it's not like they aren't out there in the big bad world already... tbh i haven't checked but he's my mate so can't imagine it would ever be a problem.

If it wasn't my mate I'd have a model release too so I could do whatever I wanted with them, although if they weren't happy i'd obviously take them down, as I would if my mate was't too chuffed :)

Some great images there Andy, better than the little lads names ;)

:eek: :lol: poor lads.

Aye - canny Andy, nowt flash composition wise but that's what you get with a a studio set-up like that. Cute baby - electric blue eyes :)

Kids give you any bother?

Well they're on my website anyway so it's not like they aren't out there in the big bad world already... tbh i haven't checked but he's my mate so can't imagine it would ever be a problem.

If it wasn't my mate I'd have a model release too so I could do whatever I wanted with them, although if they weren't happy i'd obviously take them down, as I would if my mate was't too chuffed :)

My missus hates me posting picture of our girls on here. She thinks you're all weirdos.. :lol:

Just putting a customer service type thought in your head

Remember this is the wild west of the internet too

:eek: :lol: poor lads.

Aye - canny Andy, nowt flash composition wise but that's what you get with a a studio set-up like that. Cute baby - electric blue eyes :)

Kids give you any bother?

Aye I had a 1.7m wide paper backdrop so it's tough to get too fancy with the shots where there's so little space.

Oh yes you wouldn't believe the bother lol! Especially the younger boy who's a bit of a terror... nice kids though and I'm pretty good with children so managed to cope. Had the climbing up me, screaming full blast in my ear, refusing to do things, trying to knock the equipment over, slapping me... all in all a very exhausting shoot lol! Like I said they're nice kids though so it wasn't too bad :)

like the feet one best. First one doesn't work for me, mate.

Cheers for the feedback. That one was because the mum wanted them all together but with the backs turned so people could see the names... couldn't think of much else creative wise to get a shot where you could see the names and so ended up doing this

Aye I had a 1.7m wide paper backdrop so it's tough to get too fancy with the shots where there's so little space.

Oh yes you wouldn't believe the bother lol! Especially the younger boy who's a bit of a terror... nice kids though and I'm pretty good with children so managed to cope. Had the climbing up me, screaming full blast in my ear, refusing to do things, trying to knock the equipment over, slapping me... all in all a very exhausting shoot lol! Like I said they're nice kids though so it wasn't too bad :)

you should get a reversible back drop; just flipping it gives you a load more options. I much prefer the black backdrop ones I've done with the girls; really classy.

Aye, all kids are a nightmare - they see a camera and they gan hyper.. :lol: it's MUCH better to photograph them doing an activity then doing a studio shoot. That said it's all about timing init.. so them being hyper in-front of a backdrop may yield class results if you hang about..

you should get a reversible back drop; just flipping it gives you a load more options. I much prefer the black backdrop ones I've done with the girls; really classy.

Aye, all kids are a nightmare - they see a camera and they gan hyper.. :lol: it's MUCH better to photograph them doing an activity then doing a studio shoot. That said it's all about timing init.. so them being hyper in-front of a backdrop may yield class results if you hang about..

Aye I had planned on buying a reversable black / white vinyl backdrop but wasn't sure if my backdrop stand could support the weight. It's supposed to be able to but got paranoid and bought a paper one instead just to be on the safe side. Had bad thoughts about the stand collapsing on a 4 week on baby's head!

Paper backdrop is heavy as owt though it turns out so could have got the vinyl one after all :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back