Facebook Marketplace

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
anyone tried selling on here recently ....within about 37 seconds of publishing my ads all im getting is spam from people asking to pay by bank transfer and post to some random address

DODGY

I've bought a few things without an issue, never tried selling.

My worst experience was a car sold as spares or repairs on Ebay. Never again.

Ebay has been ruined by the loss of seller feedback and the number of drop shippers and purveyors of cheap Chinese tat that does not match up to the photos.

Facebook market place has always been awful. A one stop knacker magnet.
It was tolerable before it attracted the multitude of scammer. I had bought sold loads for years with very few issues. It's riddled now with fake listings. Especially cars.

I've bought a few things without an issue, never tried selling.
Same.
Facebook market place has always been awful. A one stop knacker magnet.
We've never had any issues buying from 'marketplace'.
Having said that, we've mainly used it to buy things like dog beds and crates (locally), and we go collect them ourselves.
Wouldn't buy anything electrical though.

Last edited:
Usually I just put stuff on there as a last resort before the charity shop or the bin. Usually it's fine but I've had a couple of oddballs at the door. One bloke came to pick up an Xbox 360 "for his kid", at 10pm, then asked me which bus he should get home 😂

anyone tried selling on here recently ....within about 37 seconds of publishing my ads all im getting is spam from people asking to pay by bank transfer and post to some random address

DODGY
Yep, it's getting worse, trying to sell some antique plates and shit and they are asking questions as it it's a vehicle, then they want to organise a courier and all sorts. The same messages come up for the other tat I'm selling just under a different name. Also there loads of absolute freaks that have no intention of buying anything or they are from miles away

Back