F1 2022

Its $200m just for the grid slot. That's before setting up the factory, staff and building the car! Which is probably another $200m for the first year.
Hadn't remembered that. It's bloody stupid, with so many teams probably not more than 2 bad seasons away from dropping out, it makes no sense to make it so difficult for new teams to join the grid.

Ricciardo has not been comfortable with the way the brake pedal operates since he moved there. Since late braking has always been part of his style he was always going to struggle.

I hope the changes to rules with regard to floors/planks sees Mercedes make inroads on Ferrari and Red Bull.

However, it’s Max Verstappen‘s title this year and I can’t see anyone challenging him for the title

Ricciardo has not been comfortable with the way the brake pedal operates since he moved there. Since late braking has always been part of his style he was always going to struggle.

I hope the changes to rules with regard to floors/planks sees Mercedes make inroads on Ferrari and Red Bull.

However, it’s Max Verstappen‘s title this year and I can’t see anyone challenging him for the title
He wasn't happy with it at Renault either though. Maybe his style is just, well, wierd?

If Ricciardo doesnt swap to Alpine, and its fairly certain that Piastri won't be in the french team's car... who does that mean would partner Ocon? Gasley is tied up for another year with Red Bull Junior...

I think he was really wanting to race in Las Vegas so maybe stay until he can do that? Then leave
Potentially. He did say that a good few months ago mind when his 2023 prospects at McLaren looked a lot more secure before his results really nosedived and presumably before negotiations with other drivers (Piastri perhaps) began?

I just can't see any team in the front half of the grid taking another punt on him sadly. He's became the Jack Wiltshire of F1 over the last few years ever since he left Red Bull (who in my view he shouldn't have left so soon....could have ended up at Ferrari. Going to Renault destroyed his career).

Maybe Haas as it might suit them to get him on a 1 year contract to fill in for Schumacher if he ends up leaving them.
If Ricciardo doesnt swap to Alpine, and its fairly certain that Piastri won't be in the french team's car... who does that mean would partner Ocon? Gasley is tied up for another year with Red Bull Junior...
Mick?
Hulk? (One last dance) :lol:

Last edited:

Back