F1 2022

Please make this happen! Anyone complaining about our history of managers need look no further than that pile of useless shite! Enzo is spinning in his grave! Please, if you care about Ferrari Mr. Binotto, do the decent thing and take a long walk of a short pier. You have reduced the team and the name Ferrari to a joke.

I remember it vividly. I had only been into motorsport for about 2 years and it affected me. But only in as much as I saw Ayrton as a top driver during that season. I never saw or understood how good he was before. Despite being into a sport build on its archives, I had not even started seeing any racing from years gone by. I was yet to see the real Senna.

Being such a newbie to F1 I was able to continue. But like a lot of people I think I saw his greatness in the grief displayed. Roland Ratzenberger died that weekend too. But few grieve for him. The bigger the name the more emotional the grief when they die.
Senna pressured into driving the car beyond it's capabilities that season due to Benetton's illegal software?

Please make this happen! Anyone complaining about our history of managers need look no further than that pile of useless shite! Enzo is spinning in his grave! Please, if you care about Ferrari Mr. Binotto, do the decent thing and take a long walk of a short pier. You have reduced the team and the name Ferrari to a joke.

I remember it vividly. I had only been into motorsport for about 2 years and it affected me. But only in as much as I saw Ayrton as a top driver during that season. I never saw or understood how good he was before. Despite being into a sport build on its archives, I had not even started seeing any racing from years gone by. I was yet to see the real Senna.

Being such a newbie to F1 I was able to continue. But like a lot of people I think I saw his greatness in the grief displayed. Roland Ratzenberger died that weekend too. But few grieve for him. The bigger the name the more emotional the grief when they die.

How old are you mate?

Off to my first Grand Prix at Monza in a few weeks, has anyone got any advice on getting to/from the circuit?

Apparently they add extra trains to Lesmo station, just not sure when to set off and if it's worth hanging back to let the queues die down on the way back.

Thanks in advance

Audi are apparently going to announce their entry to F1 this weekend, different to the red bull story though.

Not sure if anyone else has heard anything? Seems like it’s something to do with sauber, but I can’t tell if it’s just using facilities in Switzerland, rather than buying the sauber team? I assumed they were tied up long term with Alfa? So could this be the 11th team liberty want?

Edit: they’re buying sauber. I already predict Audi will last only marginally more time than BMW did.

Last edited:
Audi are apparently going to announce their entry to F1 this weekend, different to the red bull story though.

Not sure if anyone else has heard anything? Seems like it’s something to do with sauber, but I can’t tell if it’s just using facilities in Switzerland, rather than buying the sauber team? I assumed they were tied up long term with Alfa? So could this be the 11th team liberty want?

Edit: they’re buying sauber. I already predict Audi will last only marginally more time than BMW did.
It's a shame they're not entering as a completely new team, but also not surprising given they won't want to be spending north of $100M just to get on the grid.

If they even hint at getting any success though, you can bet that BMW will find a way back onto the grid as quickly as possible as they won't want Audi demonstrating their superiority again.

I look forward to seeing them called Sauber again in the next few years :lol:
Both VAG & Honda seem to have boardrooms which have violent mood swings when it comes to its motorsport operations.
It's a shame they're not entering as a completely new team, but also not surprising given they won't want to be spending north of $100M just to get on the grid.
what's the deal with new teams having to pay the other f1 teams to join the entry list? seem to recall Andretti saying he had the cash to do so as the 11th team?

Last edited:
Both VAG & Honda seem to have boardrooms which have violent mood swings when it comes to its motorsport operations.

what's the deal with new teams having to pay the other f1 teams to join the entry list? seem to recall Andretti saying he had the cash to do so as the 11th team?
I don't know the details, but would assume it's something to do with the prize money potentially being diluted by having more teams to split it between. Surely the sport will attract more money into it by having more teams on the grid, even if they re just making up the numbers for their first couple of years.

There used to be a 2 year waiting period before you could get any payments for new teams, which was recently replaced with a whopping entry fee of about $200m.

Its a bit mad imo. F1 seems to want to be a franchise company now, rather than a meritocracy

Really hope with the change in floor regs for this weekend that Ferrari and Red Bull are brought closer to the pack !!

Bit of rain, should make it a decent race weekend

Its $200m just for the grid slot. That's before setting up the factory, staff and building the car! Which is probably another $200m for the first year.

Back