F1 2022

Well that just shows what fuck up F1 and this country has become. f***ing mad and!

Aye. A bunch of snivelling wimps who hate the sight of the teeniest bit of blood. If you don’t like what goes on in F1, other series would give you nightmares! Old F1 races in the era’s of the greats like Von Tripps, Nuvolari, McLaren and Regazzoni would have you calling your psychiatrist!

I think both the older F1 eras were, and motorsport in other disciplines today are, way more fierce and competitive than F1 today. It’s becoming soft. We are heading toward a PG rated F1. Sky could loose F1 to Ceebeebies if it isn’t careful. Nobody wants real blood and guts, fight to the death, do or die racing. The likes of Ascari didn’t become legends because he was a “yes sir, three bags full sir” driver. On the track I think he was a demon. I do. A real true racer in the old ways. I think we can see drivers like him again but without needing to bend or break rules. But the media and the FIA won’t allow it.
Must be twice as many in lower single seat formulae as well. Better late than never I suppose.

F2 and F3 have shown they are anything but “lower”. I think they are extremely brave and courageous.

Last edited:
What a weekend that was 😴

I haven’t seen the race yet. I was out at the Wearside Barn with my lass when it was on so I’ve recorded it. But I really don’t know what you want F1 to do more. I’ve explained multiple times how I would like F1 to be. Yet I know nothing about what kind of F1 you or anyone else would like. You are the Sir Kier Starmer of the SMB.

I haven’t seen the race yet. I was out at the Wearside Barn with my lass when it was on so I’ve recorded it. But I really don’t know what you want F1 to do more. I’ve explained multiple times how I would like F1 to be. Yet I know nothing about what kind of F1 you or anyone else would like. You are the Sir Kier Starmer of the SMB.
Goodbye

Wasn't having a go at F1, the tired emoji is for not getting much sleep the 4 days camping there with racing, music and food
Friday and Saturday you could roam any seat so sat at the starting line, and Sunday at Vale for the race.

Last edited:
Next week we go to Austria and its a sprint race.

Times

Practice 1 Fri -12.30 - 13.30
Qually Friday - 16.00 - 17.00
Practice 2 Sat - 11.30 - 12.30
Sprint Sat - 15.30 - 16.30
Race Sun 14.00

So nothing happened in the end to Perez for cutting a corner to stay ahead of Leclerc....
And use it as a slingshot to take Lewis on the same straight.

Lewis gets no luck with SC does he.
Ferrari's were low on fuel and having to lift and coast.
Lewis's tyres were 6+ laps newer
Lewis was catching at about 3 tenths per lap
There was a good 3s gap betweeen Leclerc and Sainz, so they would have both been sitting ducks under DRS

Then the SC comes, eliminates the fuel issue, and puts them all on fresh tyres of a compound that wasn't as optimal for the Merc.

There was a good 3s gap betweeen Leclerc and Sainz, so they would have both been sitting ducks under DRS

Then the SC comes, eliminates the fuel issue, and puts them all on fresh tyres of a compound that wasn't as optimal for the Merc.
I suppose the one positive was the car looked better and seemed to have more pace.

We now to go Austria, France, Hungary and Belgium so we should continue to see improvement.

Think Leclerc would have won it without the SC tbh. Unless of course Ferrari didn't find another way of shafting him.

Just one of those things in racing, and as was said in the many safety car related debates on here after last season, it will never be fair. Without the safety car, I think he would have finished at least 2nd as Perez wouldn't have been in the hunt, but even with it, he knew he could pass Leclerc, and had he been able to get a slightly better run on Sainz out of club, could have got past him sooner. It was very fine margins that prevented him having the opportunity.

Hopefully he will get another chance, we have a run of proper circuits now up until Singabore, so we should see if this improvement can continue. I think Hungary will suit the Merc very well and Lewis has an excellent record there.

Looking through some of my photos from raceday, and for the driver's parade all the F1 drivers are quite happily riding along apart from K-mag. He's driving his parade car.

Looking through some of my photos from raceday, and for the driver's parade all the F1 drivers are quite happily riding along apart from K-mag. He's driving his parade car.
Still gutted that due to stupid computers, I lost 99% of all my photos from Silverstone when I went a few years ago :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bleating about it being some kind of conspiracy. Its just bad luck. In recent times. And as pointed out, he's had good luck with them in the past.
Yeah I know, just sod's law that he's been on the wrong end of the luck on a couple of notable occasions in recent times. What an amazing tonic it would have been after the last one to have had a home win to celebrate, and the SC buggers it up as well.

Another fine margin, if Ocon had realised his car was fucked about 3 seconds earlier, he could have pulled into the old pit lane and not caused the safety car.

What a very odd comment.

Back