F1 2022

No Spa is criminal really. Up there with Silverstone, also seems very counter productive if they want another GP for Max fanboys. Its basically a home GP for him. Street Circuits are the pits.
Absolute f***ing disgrace if one of the Big 4 is dropped in favour of shite like Miami and Vegas (as we know it will be)

If this is the direction F1 is going in, we had better enjoy these last few years while it still retains a tiny bit of what made it the sport it is.

With the future of racing being electric, I think F1 hasn't got a very long future, sadly. The current owners seem determined to kill it prematurely as a spectacle by binning classic racing circuits for this ridiculous street/hybrid nonsense. A mate was involved in the idea of a London F1 race and the powers that be wanted the pit straight down the Mall; round Buck House and down to Sloane Sq.; up to Harvey Nics and a long thrash through the tunnel down Piccadilly and its Circus, Haymarket, Trafalgar Sq. and through Admiralty Arch. This ethos is why we're getting Vegas.
I'm pretty sure the drivers would rather be trying an overtake around the outside at Brooklands or Luffield than threading their car up an alleyway in Baku, even though it goes round an old castle.
It's a hopeless fantasy, but I'd love to see these cars race a full season on proper race circuits without any armco alleys, big crowds that the drivers can hear, wheel to wheel opportunities afforded by run-off areas and the buzz that Sunday brought us.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights again. I know the majority of people on here will answer “I just want Hamilton to win” but…

Those last few laps when Ham, Per & Lec were constantly swapping positions, would you prefer the stewards to have some discretion if it allowed 3 cars to be racing wheel to wheel as they were?

Cases can be made for Perez going off, Leclerc cutting people up etc.

But you aren’t going to get 3 cars going into 1 corner if you’re going to start dishing out heavy penalties for a car going a few inches off the track. That was the best racing we’ve seen for years. It was go karts in multi million pound cars.

Just watched the highlights again. I know the majority of people on here will answer “I just want Hamilton to win” but…

Those last few laps when Ham, Per & Lec were constantly swapping positions, would you prefer the stewards to have some discretion if it allowed 3 cars to be racing wheel to wheel as they were?

But you aren’t going to get 3 cars going into 1 corner if you’re going to start dishing out heavy penalties for a car going a few inches off the track. That was the best racing we’ve seen for years. It was go karts in multi million pound cars.
I'm normally in the camp of applying the rules strictly and consistently like they were for anything Lewis did last season, because when you allow discretion, you get inconsistencies, like we had with most offenses committed by Max last season. The rules allow a lot of leeway with all 4 wheels needing to be completely over the white line for a driver to be considered off the track.

Having said that, Sunday was incredible, and it would have taken some of the sheen off if the stewards had got involved. It was only Perez who could have been considered at fault, cutting the corner at Club and pushing Lewis off at Village, but there's an argument it wouldn't have made a difference.

Even though I wanted Lewis to win for obvious reasons, once Carlos got the restart he did, that hope was gone, and I wouldn't want the stewards making up the rules as they go along just to get the result I wanted ;)

I don’t see why you can’t race whilst not breaking rules at the same time. Lewis managed it. Others managed it throughout the GP. So why is it tolerated that Max, Checo and Charles all broke the rules and were unpunished?

I don’t see why you can’t race whilst not breaking rules at the same time. Lewis managed it. Others managed it throughout the GP. So why is it tolerated that Max, Checo and Charles all broke the rules and were unpunished?
I don’t think it’d be fair to punish Perez for having 4 wheels over the line as Leclerc done the same thing coming out of Club just seconds later. Both drivers lost out to Hamilton so no need to punish either.

However, I think Perez was lucky to get away with the other on Hamilton.

I don’t think it’d be fair to punish Perez for having 4 wheels over the line as Leclerc done the same thing coming out of Club just seconds later. Both drivers lost out to Hamilton so no need to punish either.

However, I think Perez was lucky to get away with the other on Hamilton.
Doesn’t justify it tbh. Both should be given penalties for their incidents, or asked to reverse the positions

Back