F1 2021

Checo did a great job there today and it shows that Red Bull have the pace.

Verstappen would have been close to pole if it wasn't for his slip up - and Bono and Hamilton knew it.

It's looks like Bottas has shown his biscuit ar*e as I reckon Merc have upped the ante with him. Unfortunately he doesn't react the same way as his teammate when the screw is turned.

He needs a strong start and then a podium or the time to his next race will be purgatory for him.

A shame for Norris but there is clearly pace in that McLaren - Ricciardo will be relieved to not see such a large gap.

What was the story with Alonso? I've not seen any commentary.
Agree completely with the Bottas comment, you never see him slicing through the field the way Hamilton or Verstappen do. He’s quick, but he’s not a fast racer.

As with all modern GPs, the race will be won at the first corner- if Lewis gets away cleanly, and keeps the 2 red bulls behind him, he will gap them, max will get angry and make a mistake and merc will apply a strategy to get them home I also see bottas being used as a mobile sacrifice in some way given his low starting position and inability to overtake cars without spending three laps behind them.

Last edited:
As with all modern GPs, the race will be won at the first corner- if Lewis gets away cleanly, and keeps the 2 red bulls behind him, he will gap them, max will get angry and make a mistake and merc will apply a strategy to get them home I also see bottas being used as a mobile sacrifice in some way given his low starting position and inability to overtake cars without spending three laps behind them.

You probably aren't wrong. If he can keep within the pit gap to perez he could help hamilton massively. Can see him struggling though with everyone else being on softs around him.

I thought it was crap that they made changes to effect mercedes more than others but it hasn't half made it more exciting. At the start of last season mercedes were was 1 second ahead of everyone. Even Russell's q2 time was within a second of Hamiltons q3 time.

2 overtaking spots at the end of straights by the looks of it, and maybe some wheel to wheel through that S complex at T4?

That Miami circuit looks good. Hopefully growing the sport in the US will help keep it alive longer with the moves to electric elsewhere.

I wonder when it'll fit onto the calendar, presumably in the early part of the season as I doubt it would work to have it clashing with the NFL, back to back with Montreal possibly? But it would be ridiculously hot in Miami at that time of year.

Agree completely with the Bottas comment, you never see him slicing through the field the way Hamilton or Verstappen do. He’s quick, but he’s not a fast racer.

Totally agree, falls into the argument where it’s more about the car with him, hes quick in free air but generally struggles in traffic.

Last edited:
What are people thinking for today then?
I really think there's a big chance of the Red Bulls having an accident today, either with Lewis or with themselves.

Lando could inherit a podium, he seems to have the raw pace.

I really think there's a big chance of the Red Bulls having an accident today, either with Lewis or with themselves.

Red Bull 1-2 I think. It seems clear that they're faster given where Bottas has qualified and that Hamilton only marginally got in pole. I think one of the RB will have the lead after the 1st corner and go on to win it. Then the undercut for the other. I'm also predicting points for Russell today.

Russell to score points, possibly at Bottas' expense as he looks really low on confidence and will struggle having to overtake other cars.

Max to have a silk if Checo is the leading Red Bull early on.

Lando to be best of the rest.

Norris at McLaren looked very quick yesterday despite the time limits, will be interesting to see if they can carry some of that pace into the race. I reckon Russell to get a point, Norris podium and one of Hamilton or Verstappen crash out.

Lewis win. Im thinking there’s gunna be some drama with the red bulls fighting it out. Maybe this is what I’m hoping anyways, hopefully ending with Christian Horner chucking his toys out the pram after.

I’m feeling Lando to grab a podium finish today. He’s looking good recently and had a good race in Bahrain too.

Back