F1 2021

Never understood all this Rosberg bashing personally, and that's coming from me who regards Hamilton as being in the top 3 of all time.

The only driver who brought the championship with Hamilton down to the wire (twice) in the turbo hybrid era ('14 and '16), managed to successfully get inside Hamilton's head, grab his opportunity with both hands in 2016 (reliability wasn't as big a a factor as many make out to be as NR also had issues, Hamilton had plenty poor starts that year which cost him the championship).....Bottas has failed miserably in comparison.

As for his retirement, not sure why he got the stick he did for that either. He'd been around in F1 for a decade by then and clearly was not someone interested in breaking records but just wanted to prove to himself he was good enough of being a WDC once and in the process beating one of the GOATS, can't ever take that away from him nor any other one time champs...slating someone for wanting to get that then retire to spend more time with family is just plain bizarre imo.

His podcasts he has done since retiring are well worth a listen imo, chats to all sorts of past and present racing folk. Comes across as a pretty down to earth decent bloke imo.

I'll probably get slated for writing this but hey ho. Each to their own and all that.

Never understood all this Rosberg bashing personally, and that's coming from me who regards Hamilton as being in the top 3 of all time.

The only driver who brought the championship with Hamilton down to the wire (twice) in the turbo hybrid era ('14 and '16), managed to successfully get inside Hamilton's head, grab his opportunity with both hands in 2016 (reliability wasn't as big a a factor as many make out to be as NR also had issues, Hamilton had plenty poor starts that year which cost him the championship).....Bottas has failed miserably in comparison.

As for his retirement, not sure why he got the stick he did for that either. He'd been around in F1 for a decade by then and clearly was not someone interested in breaking records but just wanted to prove to himself he was good enough of being a WDC once and in the process beating one of the GOATS, can't ever take that away from him nor any other one time champs...slating someone for wanting to get that then retire to spend more time with family is just plain bizarre imo.

His podcasts he has done since retiring are well worth a listen imo, chats to all sorts of past and present racing folk. Comes across as a pretty down to earth decent bloke imo.

I'll probably get slated for writing this but hey ho. Each to their own and all that.

Nothing against him apart from he dresses like a German from the 1980s.

He did run Hamilton close but couldn't beat him in 2014 and reliability was the difference in him winning in 2016 (there are numerous charts and tables to back this up).

He jacked cos he knew what would happen 2017 and he couldn't / wouldn't put his family through it again.

He did run Hamilton close but couldn't beat him in 2014 and reliability was the difference in him winning in 2016 (there are numerous charts and tables to back this up).

He jacked cos he knew what would happen 2017 and he couldn't / wouldn't put his family through it again.
He openly admitted the last part

he never played too fair in on track duels either, Spain, Belgium, Austria and Hockenhiem all had instances of Rosberg running Lewis out of room or off the track completely !

I don't blame him for anything he did.
But it does make him look like a cock when he goes on and on about how Lewis is the best driver ever, and then goes on to mention how he beat him -i.e. proclaiming himself as someone who beat the best.
Its up there with Froch and his 80,000 crack.

He's a very good colour commentator though.

he never played too fair in on track duels either, Spain, Belgium, Austria and Hockenhiem all had instances of Rosberg running Lewis out of room or off the track completely !

Hamilton still has issues with Rosberg and I think it comes down to those instances (and the mind games).

Hamilton was and is a much fairer racer
I don't blame him for anything he did.
But it does make him look like a cock when he goes on and on about how Lewis is the best driver ever, and then goes on to mention how he beat him -i.e. proclaiming himself as someone who beat the best.
Its up there with Froch and his 80,000 crack.

He's a very good colour commentator though.

As far as I recall, it's the only time he beat him over a season - and they go way back

Last edited:
Hamilton still has issues with Rosberg and I think it comes down to those instances (and the mind games).

As far as I recall, it's the only time he beat him over a season - and they go way back
Yeah, that "forgetting to turn in" incident where he apex'd on the outer kerb was a joke!

And people give Lewis shit for not conceding when on the actual prime racing line.

I listened to Toto Wolff doing an interview on the High Performance Podcast and he said that he would never pick a partnership like that again. He didn't single out Rosberg as such, but he said he's fine with drivers competing or having an issue but when it comes down to that crucial moment they have to respect the team and the thousands of people who's jobs it is to build that car and share in the success. He implied that the line was crossed and that partnership was toxic (which I think we all know). It makes me wonder if Mercedes would have let Rosberg go if he hadn't retired.

I listened to Toto Wolff doing an interview on the High Performance Podcast and he said that he would never pick a partnership like that again. He didn't single out Rosberg as such, but he said he's fine with drivers competing or having an issue but when it comes down to that crucial moment they have to respect the team and the thousands of people who's jobs it is to build that car and share in the success. He implied that the line was crossed and that partnership was toxic (which I think we all know). It makes me wonder if Mercedes would have let Rosberg go if he hadn't retired.
Is there a link to this? Thanks

I think that was probably the case. Two options; retire as a World Champ or go and find another team with the full knowledge he probably wouldn’t get another shot without being at Merc/Ferrari/RB and non of those wanted/needed him.

Back