F1 2021

He did nothing of the sort, the one and only reason he beat him was Hamilton's car breaking all the time. Despite losing out shed loads of points as a result of his car issues over the season Hamilton still finished only 5 points behind him.
All the pundits seem to think he got into Lewis's head but OK, this thread may as well be called the Lewis ass kiss club.

I listened to Toto Wolff doing an interview on the High Performance Podcast and he said that he would never pick a partnership like that again. He didn't single out Rosberg as such, but he said he's fine with drivers competing or having an issue but when it comes down to that crucial moment they have to respect the team and the thousands of people who's jobs it is to build that car and share in the success. He implied that the line was crossed and that partnership was toxic (which I think we all know). It makes me wonder if Mercedes would have let Rosberg go if he hadn't retired.

2 years left on his contract.

They would have had to pay most of that up unless they could make some disciplinary matter stick.

If Nico did get into Lewis's head, it was only as a motivator. Even when Rosberg won the title, Hamilton won more races than him that season. By the end, Nico was pleading with the team bosses over the radio to make Lewis hand him the title, while Vettel and Verstappen closed in on him.

That said, Nico was an exceptional driver. Schumacher may not have been the force he was, but Rosberg really put him to the sword. Then two out of the three title battles with Lewis went to the last race. Nobody else has got remotely that close since

If Nico did get into Lewis's head, it was only as a motivator. Even when Rosberg won the title, Hamilton won more races than him that season. By the end, Nico was pleading with the team bosses over the radio to make Lewis hand him the title, while Vettel and Verstappen closed in on him.

That said, Nico was an exceptional driver. Schumacher may not have been the force he was, but Rosberg really put him to the sword. Then two out of the three title battles with Lewis went to the last race. Nobody else has got remotely that close since
It’s impossible to know how much nico may have benefited from having Lewis as a teammate in terms of car development- remember the merc was the dominant car by now just saying perhaps Lewis unwittingly helped nico win the title

Looks like its go go go for the sprint races... liberty & the teams seem to have agreed the money issues around them...

The sprint qualifying plan will be to run three 100km Saturday races at Silverstone, Monza and Interlagos this year to see what impact it has on the television and trackside spectacle.

The Saturday race will offer a few points, and decide the grid for Sunday’s main event.

he is solid I mean he wont ein anything but then the car wont win anything this year no matter who is driving it......................

or will it?

Back