F1 2019

Mind, I think Red Bull missed a trick letting Carlos Sainz leave. Considering the trouble they've had finding good young drivers since - Hartley and bringing back Kyvat..... Sainz looks like a cracking driver.

As much as I think Norris is doing well, Carlos has seen him off most of the time this season.

Norris is in his debut season, Sainz in his 4th IIRC.

It makes a big difference so we'll need to see how they match up at the mid point next season

Norris is in his debut season, Sainz in his 4th IIRC.

It makes a big difference so we'll need to see how they match up at the mid point next season
Was thinking the same thing. Next season, I can see the 2 of them not being quite so pally as they are at the moment. Norris will need to prove himself - and I think the McLaren's will be another step closer to the front - challenging for occasional podiums hopefully.

How many times is Vettel gonna screw up ? This years been his worst so far by a long stretch so many daft little mistakes not even all having the excuse of been under pressure !
More just trying to be billy big bollocks and failing while making himself look like a tit

Vettel didn't do much wrong this time.

He was past and wanted to move over to make the corner tighter for Leclerc.

Leclerc didn't get the memo

You can't just cut across someone before you've got your car past. Le Clerc didn't move at all and left loads of space on both sides - Seb clearly moved towards Le Clerc. Its 100% his fault.
I wish someone would get in Ted's ear, and stop him from saying "er" every 18 seconds.

Last edited:
You can't just cut across someone before you've got your car past. Le Clerc didn't move at all and left loads of space on both sides - Seb clearly moved towards Le Clerc. Its 100% his fault.

The passing car will often try something along these lines.

Leclerc should have been expecting something like that and wasn't.

I suppose the stewards will decide this one...
the door was left wide open and he then turned into it racing incident for me

That penalty would be harsh if it wasn't for one thing.

Hamilton admitted it!

Last edited:
Was thinking the same thing. Next season, I can see the 2 of them not being quite so pally as they are at the moment. Norris will need to prove himself - and I think the McLaren's will be another step closer to the front - challenging for occasional podiums hopefully.
They would also have been closer this season were it not for reliability letting him down when he had the chance to score big, Spa and (I think) France being good examples of it.

Credit where it's due to Sainz though, he's consistently been there or thereabouts all season long, ready to capitalise on a moment like this.

Not sure how reliable a source this is, but sounds like the excrement is smashing into air conditioning.

If it's true, I expect Ferrari will just threaten to withdraw from the sport and the case will just go away...... again.

Not sure how reliable a source this is, but sounds like the excrement is smashing into air conditioning.

Thing is, as long as they didn't do it after the TD, it'll probably be ok for them as "it wasn't clear until recently, then we stopped doing it".

I'm still convinced they were cheating with their batteries last season, until they were checked - then suddenly the power clearly dipped.
If it's true, I expect Ferrari will just threaten to withdraw from the sport and the case will just go away...... again.
tbh, I almost wish they would.

No one team should have a veto on the entire sport.

Why should he? He is being overtaken and is entitled to hold his line whether or not the overtake is made a bit more difficult. He doesn't have to brake and pull onto the verge because the other guy is 80% past. That's called racing.

Last edited:
the door was left wide open and he then turned into it racing incident for me
I'd agree with that to be honest. To his credit though Lewis accepted responsibility and he moves on...

To be honest that was 100% Seb's fault. Whether he wanted to make the corner tighter or not, he drifted into LeClerc (who is entitled to his line)...

Seb is a fading force and trying to use Schumacher like tactics to stay ahead. I think if you look at his exit from Red Bull when Ricciardo joined to this past season with LeClerc you will see his is not as fast as people think.

Last edited:
Why should he? He is being overtaken and is entitled to hold his line whether or not the overtake is made a bit more difficult. He doesn't have to brake and pull onto the verge because the other guy is 80% past. That's called racing.

He squeezed Vettel in the first place.

Vettel had the speed to go past him and then did what most racers would do.

Leclerc didn't yield and they both paid the penalty
I'd agree with that to be honest. To his credit though Lewis accepted responsibility and he moves on...

To be honest that was 100% Seb's fault. Whether he wanted to make the corner tighter or not, he drifted into LeClerc (who is entitled to his line)...

Seb is a fading force and trying to use Schumacher like tactics to stay ahead. I think if you look at his exit from Red Bull when Ricciardo joined to this past season with LeClerc you will see his is not as fast as people think.

He's fast but flawed

Last edited:
Vettel didn't pass Leclerc, if he had passed him then there wouldn't have been a collision as he cut back across. 100% Vettel trying to bully Leclerc into easing off.

He's fast but flawed
Vettel didn't pass Leclerc, if he had passed him then there wouldn't have been a collision as he cut back across. 100% Vettel trying to bully Leclerc into easing off.

It's called racing.

Countless other examples where the driver who has just been passed will yield that space.

Leclerc chose not to

Last edited:

Back