Extrapolated league table

I think we'll finish top two. We have marginally the easiest run in and we are improving. We'll get somewhere around 33 points from the last 13 games.

On the other hand we will see a few of the teams around us drop off, just bottling it and a few will get injuries to a key player or two costing them more points.

I think we are in a very good position to replace players anywhere on the pitch apart from maybe at right back and left inside forward (until Embleton gets fit). I'll hold my hands up to not knowing loads about opposition squad depths but I wouldn't think many of the teams around us could cover as well as we can.

I can see this going right down to the final game of the season as it's just too tight to make an accurate call. It's unavoidable that some of the top 8 will drop points every week, or twice in one week for some. I'm going to call that if we beat Rotherham on the last day of the season then we will be promoted. I think they will clinch the title the week before and we will be sat a point or two above Coventry or Peterborough coming into the final game.

Consuming large quantities of ale is a necessity following Safc to numb the regular disappointments I find.

I know what you mean, having followed our bunch for decades. The current season doesn't feel real to me (and I keep waiting for it to go pear shaped) My wife hasn't complained about the number of away matches I've been to either - something odd is definitely going on (although the milkman seems happy enough!)

Just looking back at what for me was our lowest point - Burton at home at the end of November. A different formation but also seven changes in personnel, with the only starters that day that regularly start now being Willis, Hume, Power and O'Nien.

I didn't realise just how much Parkinson had changed it since then.

Back