Extrapolated league table

Coventry and us is my prediction with pompey going through via playoffs.
Unpopular though it would be on here that's would be my preferred top two. In laws big Cov fans and we'd all be happy for a change. Perfectly happy with them just missing out as we pip them though.

Extrapolate ....
  • extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
"the results cannot be extrapolated to other patient groups"
  • estimate or conclude (something) by extrapolating.
    "the figures were extrapolated from past trends"

SEB but someone predicted us and Rotherham both needing a point to pip Coventry for the automatic spots
:cool:

This post yesterday.......

It could go down to the last Sunday of the season.

When....... this happens

We are level with Rotherham in positions 1st and 2nd......

Coventry are 3rd only three points behind the top two but with a massive GD advantage.... Coventry only need to win their game and anything but a draw from our game.

I've been waiting a long time for this scenario :)

When....... this happens

Coventry are 3rd only three points behind the top two but with a massive GD advantage.... Coventry only need to win their game and anything but a draw from our game.

:lol: :cool: :lol: :cool:

When....... this happens

Or how about all 3 teams are level, but for some unknown reason our match w Rotherham has a delay and starts 15 minutes later. Coventry draws and gets only a point and thanks to social media Everyone knows.

Last edited:
1.Coventry...........85
2.Rotherham.......83
3.Wycombe.........79
4.Sunderland.......78
5.Fleetwood.........77
6.Portsmouth......75
7.Peterborough...73
8.Oxford...............70
9.Ipswich.............69

Portsmouth the obvious losers this week, whilst Ipswich continue to stutter. I can't believe we're still behind Wycombe, who continue to churn out results. Fleetwood are flying, and Tuesday's a big night.

When....... this happens

If this happens I hope our fans sing 'are you watching Jimmy Hill' as we fart about on the half way line.

1.Coventry...........85
2.Rotherham.......80
3.Portsmouth......79
4.Wycombe.........76
5.Fleetwood.........76
6.Sunderland........75
7.Peterborough....73
8.Oxford...............72
9.Ipswich.............67

Not a good week unfortunately (could have been a lot worse too), and we'll have to go some for automatic now. We can't afford to drop so many points to our rivals if we want to be up there. We simply must win against the also-rans to keep ourselves in with a shout.

1.Coventry...........85
2.Rotherham.......80
3.Portsmouth......79
4.Wycombe.........76
5.Fleetwood.........76
6.Sunderland........75
7.Peterborough....73
9.Ipswich.............67

Not a good week unfortunately (could have been a lot worse too), and we'll have to go some for automatic now. We can't afford to drop so many points to our rivals if we want to be up there. We simply must win against the also-rans to keep ourselves in with a shout.
Not a post I want to like, but cheers for the effort mate

1.Coventry...........85
2.Rotherham.......80
3.Portsmouth......79
4.Wycombe.........76
5.Fleetwood.........76
6.Sunderland........75
7.Peterborough....73
9.Ipswich.............67

Shows how one result can change things though. Win our next three before the enforced break and it should look a lot healthier.

1.Coventry...........87
2.Rotherham.......78
3.Wycombe.........76
4.Oxford...............75
5.Portsmouth......75
6.Fleetwood.........75
7.Peterborough....72
8.Sunderland........72

This would have been the extrapolated table, for anyone interested. It looks they're considering using a similar model, but one which sees Oxford finish third rather than Wycombe?
I see they have weighted the table based on the amount of home and away games remaining.

Last edited:

Back