Extrapolated league table

I've not read the article about how they've extrapolated the table but is it just a straight calculation of points per game so far extrapolated across the remaining games? An obvious flaw would be, for example, if Coventry and Rotherham both average 2pts per game to date but have to play each in the remaining games, would they both still be awarded 2 points each?

I've not read the article about how they've extrapolated the table but is it just a straight calculation of points per game so far extrapolated across the remaining games? An obvious flaw would be, for example, if Coventry and Rotherham both average 2pts per game to date but have to play each in the remaining games, would they both still be awarded 2 points each?

I've not read it closely but I think it's going to be weighted based on home and away games/points.

I read it.

Home PPG x 22 + Away PPG x 22 = Total extrapolated points.

So Coventry were due to play Oxford and both teams will get their average points of 1.89 and 1.63 respectively? And there's other fixtures too, it simply doesn't work with a straight calculation like that, nothing built in for teams with a high average due to play a team with a low average.

Here's the rule as I see it (might as well)..... ;)

The Duckworth–Lewis–Stern method (DLS) is a mathematical formulation designed to calculate the target points for the team playing in limited remaining season football matches interrupted by Covid19 or other circumstances (for example having to finish the season so Liverpool can finally win the PL)

Back