Extinction Rebellion

It's a difficult argument. We should all care about the environment and most people do. The trouble is most people don't care enough to reduce their own carbon footprint to zero and rely on government to do this. It would be good if we had an easy way of working out how much we use personally.
I made the point in the other thread. There will be a fair % that couldn't give a shit about the environment. They are just using it as an excuse to protest/cause trouble. Same as the anti capitalist ones a few years ago and whatever was before that.
I reckon most do care passionately about it, but whether it is enough to personally make those sacrifices needed is another matter

Last edited:
Its disgraceful that the police are banning protestors, frankly.

If they do illegal things, then arrest them. But its terrible to see specific people being told they cannot protest.

Its disgraceful that the police are banning protestors, frankly.

If they do illegal things, then arrest them. But its terrible to see specific people being told they cannot protest.

They are doing illegal things though, that’s the point.

I have been told that someone has just climbed big ben (Elizabeth tower for those who are educated)

I have been told that someone has just climbed big ben (Elizabeth tower for those who are educated)
Just been on Sky News. He’s dressed as Boris Johnson :lol:
It was hard to see in the pictures but it didn’t look very safe. He didn’t appear to be on the main structure of the scaffolding and is very high up.

Just been on Sky News. He’s dressed as Boris Johnson :lol:
It was hard to see in the pictures but it didn’t look very safe. He didn’t appear to be on the main structure of the scaffolding and is very high up.

Shame all of the publicity is the other side on college green, didn’t really think that through did he?

Hundreds of activists are defying the police ban and marching through Westminster with painted red hands

The Washable Chalk Department will be on site tomorrow cleaning all the red hands away.

They will be using a lot of polluting trucks to do this .

And causing traffic jams of nasty polluting vehicles.

Thank you for your patience.

The Ministry of Madness

By all means police it, and arrest and charge those who break the law. But we can't start penalising other people, because of the actions of an individual person.

That's China. Not Britain.

By all means police it, and arrest and charge those who break the law. But we can't start penalising other people, because of the actions of an individual person.

That's China. Not Britain.

They were breaking the law though, conditions under S14 of the public order act were in place and being broken. Prior to the conditions being put in place, wilful obstruction of the highway, criminal damage, aggravated trespass and causing a public nuisance amongst other offences were being committed.

Back