Explain our current plight....

Quinn sold Short an absolute pup.

Short knows fuck all about football.

Short knows fuck all about appointing people who know about football to look after his investment in light of him knowing fuck all about football
"What do you know about football Paulo?"
"I know a lot about football Ellis, don't you worry"
"That's good to hear, you've got the job"

Short knows fuck all about appointing people who know about football to look after his investment in light of him knowing fuck all about football
Paolo for all of his madness is not to blame for our implosion

Overpaying for under performers for far too long. Caught up with us.
Every knacker and his granny can see that this is true. Why were these f***ing idiots allowed to keep on making mistake after mistake over and over with our club? Criminal

Quinn was here for a good while after Ellis bought in. He was the last person in the hierarchy who knew anything about football unfortunately he was as old boy as the rest.

BSA bought 3 slightly iffy but fairly cheap players that he could manage. Saved us from relegation. Moyes couldn't manage any of the 3, sold a leader in Kaboul and bought an absolute pile of shite. Demoralised everyone at the club and the fans, relegated us.

The club were a mess. Grayson came in, had very little money, spent it poorly, especially Steele and Vaughan. We couldn't keep a clean sheet but he still tried to play 2 upfront. The players confidence was rock bottom. Got sacked.

Coleman came in, got clean sheets but couldn't progress from there. We've looked toothless upfront for months but largely he doesn't play McGeady? He looked a broken man after the Preston game. The players confidence is very low. We need a miracle to stay up.

I ring my dad most Mondays on my drive home from work for a de-brief. He’s 72 the old bugger and he was genuinely lost for words as to what to say.

It’s clear we have lived way beyond our means for years, and it’s coming back to bite us square on the arse. People in charge of the club, who have a duty of care towards it, should hang their heads in shame.

That I get, but for someone who must have had some brain cells to grow his business in the many years before getting involved with us, I don't understand how he has managed to make / allow so many elementary errors on a regular basis for the last ten years - literally the Spinal Tap equivalent of football club ownership.

I remember a thread someone put together a short while ago of every farcical thing that has happened here in the last ten years ranging from the obvious financial mismanagement, our home win drought, manager turnover, through to the AJ incident/Byrne saga, and even that white supremacist lunatic american lunatic who used the SOL as a background for his vids (not the clubs fault on rare occasion) and everything in between, literally speechless at how much of a farce things are.

Quinn didn't sell Short a pup. Short made an arse of it.

Mistakes happen. You learn from them and make sure they don't happen again. Or in our case you keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. The outcome doesn't change. I honestly wish that I could say we're bottoming out and it'll be upwards from here. I just can't see it.
Where am I gonna find the enthusiasm to bring SAFC love to my boys?
How can I stir up an affinity with this crock of shit we endure week in week out?
It's hard to fight on when everyone within the club has no fight left in them.
League 1 will be great they say. At least we'll win some matches and score a load of goals.
I give up trying to find reason.
It's our lot in life.

Back