Everton vs Ruzomberok - ITV4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree

Theyve got very little pace in that team and as it stands are probably going to score less goals than when they had lukaku

Rooney looks shot aswell, he will end up being a bad move imo
I am sure I read that if you take away Lukaku's goals from last season they would still have ended up in the same position.

Ironically enough, he will probably help Man United convert their draws against Burnley and other crap teams into wins as he is a good flat track bully. Jose will cast himself as a managerial genius.

A lot of empty seats. I thought Everton would be up for this. First game, Rooney, new signings. Very poor game, but you'd imagine they'll go through now. Seen more exciting pre-season games

I am sure I read that if you take away Lukaku's goals from last season they would still have ended up in the same position.

Ironically enough, he will probably help Man United convert their draws against Burnley and other crap teams into wins as he is a good flat track bully. Jose will cast himself as a managerial genius.
Not based on what I saw against Barcelona. He was terrible as were Utd. Barcelona played almost all their reserves in the 2nd half, and they didn't threaten until the last 5 mins.

Last edited:
A lot of empty seats. I thought Everton would be up for this. First game, Rooney, new signings. Very poor game, but you'd imagine they'll go through now. Seen more exciting pre-season games

Not based on what I saw against Barcelona. He was terrible as were Utd. Barcelona played almost all their reserves in the 2nd half, and they didn't threaten until the last 5 mins.
Tbf lukaku hardly ever plays well against the big teams. Gets totally bullied out of the game

Against shite like newcastle, burnley etc ( no
Disrespect ) he will fill his boots

Barca are a good team, he can't do it against them.

Tbf lukaku hardly ever plays well against the big teams. Gets totally bullied out of the game

Against shite like newcastle, burnley etc ( no
Disrespect ) he will fill his boots

Wey he scored goals against City, Spurs and Arsenal last season. Like pretty much every forward in the world they'll score more against the shit teams

If they've got any sense they will but the papers keep going on about signing that lad from Swansea for 50mill. Madness
And Giroud (or another)

It was a sell out ya prat

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/24/goodison-sold-out-for-ruzomberok-clash

Stadium work means that the Goodison capacity will be reduced to around 34,500 for the 8.05pm kick-off.

Last edited:
I thought it was you lot playing with all the empty seats on show:lol:

Bit of a strange thing for a Spurs fan to to ridicule us for given the circumstances you lot were in last season. Were you laughing last season every week when Spurs were getting less than 32,000? It's not like you can use the 'sell out' or 'ground work' card since you're attempting to laugh at us for selling out all tickets available to us (as well as the rest of the returned away allocation). Attendance last night was 32,124 which was higher than what Spurs got all season.

If you do want to laugh at us, i'd say you'd be better off ridiculing that shocking performance last night after loads were claiming we could be challenging for a top 4 spot this season. On the evidence of last night, it's going to be a huge task to stay in the top 7, but I do expect (hope) Koeman goes out and brings in a striker who is capable of getting enough goals to add to what Rooney, Sandro and Klaassen will get to compensate for the loss of Lukaku.

Bit of a strange thing for a Spurs fan to to ridicule us for given the circumstances you lot were in last season. Were you laughing last season every week when Spurs were getting less than 32,000? It's not like you can use the 'sell out' or 'ground work' card since you're attempting to laugh at us for selling out all tickets available to us (as well as the rest of the returned away allocation). Attendance last night was 32,124 which was higher than what Spurs got all season.

If you do want to laugh at us, i'd say you'd be better off ridiculing that shocking performance last night after loads were claiming we could be challenging for a top 4 spot this season. On the evidence of last night, it's going to be a huge task to stay in the top 7, but I do expect (hope) Koeman goes out and brings in a striker who is capable of getting enough goals to add to what Rooney, Sandro and Klaassen will get to compensate for the loss of Lukaku.

What did you make of Rooney last night? He looked very poor to me. Impressed with Klaassen mind, seemed to have an excellent touch and got into some decent positions

We need creativity and pace for deffo but last night was just a glorified pre-season game against a very defensively minded team. Sigurdsson will add something (though we're gonna lose Barkley) while the new CF and CB have to be top quality if we're to really compete for the top 6.

Long way to go yet, get through next Thu hopefully then over a week to prepare for the first game.

Calvert Lewin was good . Rooney looked like he was playing a testimonial ( his own ?) His only positive contribution was " moving the ball on " . Anything positive that he tried was easily snuffed out by the defence.

Can't judge a side after one game. The only important thing for Everton is getting into the next round.

What did you make of Rooney last night? He looked very poor to me. Impressed with Klaassen mind, seemed to have an excellent touch and got into some decent positions

Rooney did some good things, but wasn't overly impressed either. He should be a decent squad player and at least bring the winners mentality that we need. The current crop of players go to pieces when they turn up to grounds like Anfield and Stamford Bridge where we haven't won since 1999 and 1994. Rooney should at least have no fear in them games.

Whether the optimism around the club is justified is relying on us adding to what we already have now we have lost Lukaku. If we don't bring in a striker capable of getting 15 goals, I think we will struggle. It's only one game but away sides setting up defensively will be tough for us to overcome now we've lost a striker who got 25 goals a season. I think last night is the kind of game we would have won by 2 or 3 with Lukaku in there as he would have found a way to get a goal or 2.

Rooney did some good things, but wasn't overly impressed either. He should be a decent squad player and at least bring the winners mentality that we need. The current crop of players go to pieces when they turn up to grounds like Anfield and Stamford Bridge where we haven't won since 1999 and 1994. Rooney should at least have no fear in them games.

Whether the optimism around the club is justified is relying on us adding to what we already have now we have lost Lukaku. If we don't bring in a striker capable of getting 15 goals, I think we will struggle. It's only one game but away sides setting up defensively will be tough for us to overcome now we've lost a striker who got 25 goals a season. I think last night is the kind of game we would have won by 2 or 3 with Lukaku in there as he would have found a way to get a goal or 2.

My exact thoughts too whilst watching - the sort of game Lukaku pops up and knocks a couple in.

I think it's been clear for a while that Rooney will only be a squad player this season. If Siggurdsson and another forward come in theres no chance he's in the starting 11.

Koeman says another 3 he wants in, Siggurdsson will obviously be 1 with a back up CB and Lukaku's replacement up top being the other 2. Think we are waiting on Giroud but would much rather we go for Benteke/Batshuyai or take a risk on Celtics Dembele (although he's out til September).

Girouds a massive risk as imo he'll do a Witsel and string us along only to decide to stay at Arsenal later on in the window. Martina is a big worry for me why we didn't bring in a suitable alternative to Coleman I'll never know unless he plays Kenny.

Sandro will be fantastic for us mind, very excited by him and Keane aswell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back