Everton another point deduction?

Luton have no grounds at all to sue Everton

You obsessed whopper “But but they called back Simms” 😅
Football clubs can’t generally sue each other at all to resolve football related disputes, despite the sloppy language used in the press, because their league and FA memberships oblige them to submit to binding arbitration.

But the FA arbitration panel in the Tevez case clearly established that a club can bring action directly against another club for the consequences of a rule breach even in circumstances where there was a concluded disciplinary process. That’s what forced West Ham to settle. More recently, a pending arbitration claim from Middlesbrough was material in holding up Derby’s exit from administration and got them a wedge as well. Again, even though the disciplinary process was complete. Can’t see why this would not apply to Luton/ Everton.

Just seen @Bear on one of the 'Ton coaches.

Ha'way the 'Ton.
😅
Football clubs can’t generally sue each other at all to resolve football related disputes, despite the sloppy language used in the press, because their league and FA memberships oblige them to submit to binding arbitration.

But the FA arbitration panel in the Tevez case clearly established that a club can bring action directly against another club for the consequences of a rule breach even in circumstances where there was a concluded disciplinary process. That’s what forced West Ham to settle. More recently, a pending arbitration claim from Middlesbrough was material in holding up Derby’s exit from administration and got them a wedge as well. Again, even though the disciplinary process was complete. Can’t see why this would not apply to Luton/ Everton.
Again Luton haven’t got any grounds for suing Everton got about the same right as Doncaster Rovers have

Were Luton in the league the seasons Everton have been done points for ? No 😅

Last edited:
I don’t see how they come out unscathed without a state-type buyout throwing unlimited amounts at it, gonna be drowning in interest payments from what I can make out

The current owner is terrible, so are the prospective ones by the sounds, normally you’d accept just an okay owner In such situation but I’m not sure anyone in the bracket would be willing to take the risk
Would some potential owners be waiting for something bad to happen to Everton so they can get it on the cheap? Everton are certainly going to make money in future seasons once the stadium is up and running and adds more millions to the revenue. Even if they go down this season (I don't think they will) they'll bounce straight back up.

Would some potential owners be waiting for something bad to happen to Everton so they can get it on the cheap? Everton are certainly going to make money in future seasons once the stadium is up and running and adds more millions to the revenue. Even if they go down this season (I don't think they will) they'll bounce straight back up.

If they go down this season (I don't think they will either) then they may well cease to be in a position to repay the clubs debts as they fall due. Their auditors have only just issued a qualified opinion on the accounts with respect to a material uncertainty on the going concern basis of the business. Entering administration is a very real prospect if they drop into the championship. I'd guess this might be a pretty big set back as the ensuing significant points deduction and asset fire sale would hinder their chances of promotion. No doubt there'd be a lot of interested parties, as you say, who've been waiting for something bad to happen.

😅

Again Luton haven’t got any grounds for suing Everton got about the same right as Doncaster Rovers have

Were Luton in the league the seasons Everton have been done points for ? No 😅
On the face of it that is a potential distinction over the Tevez case and the Middlesbrough claim, I’ll give you that. The rule breaches are for 21/22 and 22/23 give a more obvious cause of action to Burnley and Leicester. But I would be astonished if you were going to be compliant with the rules this year anyway so they are going to have an arguable case.

I don’t want football clubs to be taking action against each other, but I can certainly see it happening this year.

On the face of it that is a potential distinction over the Tevez case and the Middlesbrough claim, I’ll give you that. The rule breaches are for 21/22 and 22/23 give a more obvious cause of action to Burnley and Leicester. But I would be astonished if you were going to be compliant with the rules this year anyway so they are going to have an arguable case.

I don’t want football clubs to be taking action against each other, but I can certainly see it happening this year.
A leading sports lawyer did a piece for the indy the other day, he listed the 7 clubs likely/potentially going to be in a position to seek redress against Everton and or the PL. All this seasons potential relegation side are included so there's an inference that Evertons rolling losses will again most likely breach the limits for the next three year cumulative period.

The Financial Times reported a similar story spot on……Yes it special that Everton donated to Children’s cancer (Bradley) at the foundation and I hope Sunderland as a club donates to any club around the country that is for a special causes as well….but the club cheated it needs to be hit in the pocket book just like if we did it or even relegated

The Financial Times reported a similar story spot on……Yes it special that Everton donated to Children’s cancer (Bradley) at the foundation and I hope Sunderland as a club donates to any club around the country that is for a special causes as well….but the club cheated it needs to be hit in the pocket book just like if we did it or even relegated
This boring knacker still garn on

Get a life sad act

What's the point of an extension when you don't have the money to pay it? Not gonna find 160m down the sofa are you
Sounds like their making good interest though....

Last week the Guardian revealed how Everton have paid about £30m in interest charges to an opaque lender associated with the tax exile Michael Tabor, according to corporate records. The charges appear to have reached about £438,000 a week, according to the troubled Premier League club’s most recent set of accounts, a figure more than three times the reported wages of the Everton and England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

Sounds like their making good interest though....

Last week the Guardian revealed how Everton have paid about £30m in interest charges to an opaque lender associated with the tax exile Michael Tabor, according to corporate records. The charges appear to have reached about £438,000 a week, according to the troubled Premier League club’s most recent set of accounts, a figure more than three times the reported wages of the Everton and England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

Aye, they talk about it a lot of the price of football, the football finance podcast. Essentially took out a loan that's Loan shark levels of interest because 777 are so dodgy nobody else would take them on.

Think they have other clubs where they're not paying wages at the moment, and recently there was something about an Aussie Airline they owned but it's gone bust or something?

Last edited:
Aye, they talk about it a lot of the price of football, the football finance podcast. Essentially took out a loan that's Loan shark levels of interest because 777 are so dodgy nobody else would take them on.

Think they have other clubs where they're not paying wages at the moment, and recently there was something about an Aussie Airline they owned but it's gone bust or something?
I remember reading about the airplanes being sued for about 25 million... Utter madness

Its the fans I feel sorry for, totally blameless, apart from hanging on to false promises, and paying out cash the clubs don't actually need in some cases, if they were ran properly.
What are we looking at now?...litigation, the bloody longest "VAR" decision in history?
Its bad enough waiting 5 minutes to see if a goal counts...How long if this goes to the courts?
It will happen eventually, simply because of whats at stake
So here we go close season..11 bewigged refs versus 11 other bewigged refs, played out at the Old baliey?
Sky sports showing it live?....Jamie Carragher wittering
"That was a lovely "I put it to you yer honour" by the Everton advocate
f.ook me...what happened to football

Its the fans I feel sorry for, totally blameless, apart from hanging on to false promises, and paying out cash the clubs don't actually need in some cases, if they were ran properly.
What are we looking at now?...litigation, the bloody longest "VAR" decision in history?
Its bad enough waiting 5 minutes to see if a goal counts...How long if this goes to the courts?
It will happen eventually, simply because of whats at stake
So here we go close season..11 bewigged refs versus 11 other bewigged refs, played out at the Old baliey?
Sky sports showing it live?....Jamie Carragher wittering
"That was a lovely "I put it to you yer honour" by the Everton advocate
f.ook me...what happened to football
But how else can we stop teams overspending?

But how else can we stop teams overspending?
"Fit and proper persons" owning clubs....Make these so called "Billionaires " put the money up as a deposit that they lose should they f.ookup
Stop Parachute payments that reward failure,
points deductions for clubs breaching the rules BEFORE they get to the Prem and are able pay it back
Reset the bloody balance, so 5 or 6 clubs don't hold the rest of the whole football pyramid in thrall.
Greed is simply running it all
Wage caps on players wages..I mean how much money do they need?
You got disenfrancised long term supporters who watch their team on the telly, cos its cheaper,get 'em back to the grounds,thats obviously easier said than done for the top 6,cos its populated by thousands of bloody tourists, who wouldn't know Salford from Sainsbury,, nor Harrods from Highbury

A leading sports lawyer did a piece for the indy the other day, he listed the 7 clubs likely/potentially going to be in a position to seek redress against Everton and or the PL. All this seasons potential relegation side are included so there's an inference that Evertons rolling losses will again most likely breach the limits for the next three year cumulative period.

Those clubs are:

(A) likely to soon experience their own breach of PSR if they haven’t already done so, and

(B) have no chance of successfully suing Everton for spending their own money. They have more chance of suing a club because one of their players committed a handball (it’s a breach of the rules y’knar).

There will not be any litigation against Everton for PSR breaches. That’s nothing but gobshite media twaddle!

Those clubs are:

(A) likely to soon experience their own breach of PSR if they haven’t already done so, and

(B) have no chance of successfully suing Everton for spending their own money. They have more chance of suing a club because one of their players committed a handball (it’s a breach of the rules y’knar).

There will not be any litigation against Everton for PSR breaches. That’s nothing but gobshite media twaddle!

A. Just using one example, Luton. Nowhere near breaching the rules. Some of the others possibly the same.

B. There is a legal basis. See @Fleagle post number 302 + sports lawyer stating it can be done not a football writer.

A. Just using one example, Luton. Nowhere near breaching the rules. Some of the others possibly the same.

B. There is a legal basis. See @Fleagle post number 302 + sports lawyer stating it can be done not a football writer.

Right, I take it Luton will also be suing Forest as well then, and Leicester, and Manchester City when they are eventually found guilty of at least one of their 115 charges?

It’s bullshit that has been peddled in the media for a while now and sod all has happened.

I bet you Forest and Leicester were named as one the clubs that ‘could’ sue. I can’t wait for their impending litigation whilst they are also under sanction for their own PSR breaches.

How about Burnley and Leeds? They’re all going to be suing Everton for what… spending their own money and then being punished in accordance with the rules that have been agreed by all 20 PL clubs?

It’s just not going to happen!

Last edited:

Back