Everton another point deduction?

Fans could have a bit more say in it if we weren;t taking shots at each other, but at the proper targets.
Everton fans have f.ook all to do with the mess, same as Wednesday fans haven't with our mess...sunderland til I die, the only thing to proud of was the Sunderland fans and their loyalty.
I've said before the tribal nature of English football fans is the undoing of all of us.
Football is broken, its an auction for plastic pots, its a hobby for owners, its a gravy train for TV, and we roll over and let them p*ss down our backs while we snipe at each other and call it a victory.
The reason City aren't being treated like such as Everton and Forest, is simply the thats ruining a game that can no longer be called "Sport"
Excellent post mate!! Sums up how I feel too!! We all of us, love "OUR" club... (whichever club it may be!) but as you so wisely point out, become SO focussed on taking pot shots at others, (in the name of "loyalty to our club") that we miss the big picture ...... I'm as guilty of this as anyone. It's really amazing is it not? just how alike we are! Great post pal! KUDOS! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ’™

don't hold your breath waiting for THAT, lad! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’™โšช๏ธ๐Ÿ’™

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

you could well be right marra, these past three seasons have been a nightmare for us Blues

Drew, you really need to get over your "Simms issues" it's not good for your health mate

just as well you'll not have to experience it mate ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Making comments like this on a Sunderland board reaffirms why I cannot stand Everton hope you lot go down in the next couple of years bankrupt join Coventry while your at itโ€ฆ.

Making comments like this on a Sunderland board reaffirms why I cannot stand Everton hope you lot go down in the next couple of years bankrupt join Coventry while your at itโ€ฆ.
He's tried messaging me privately on here and keeps liking my posts throughout the night and during the day. :lol:

This whole PSR thing is a nonsense and has further ruined the Sport.

I've said since our first points deduction (when it became clear the PL were serious) that we did deserve some points taken off as we broke the rules. I still stand by it but the way the PL have gone about the whole thing, not just with us, but with other clubs has been farcical. Also in relation to sanctioning teams without a proper framework. I know some will say that the clubs didn't vote for one but it's still terrible organisation from the PL and has caused so many issues with these inconsistent punishments now being given out. Applying deductions before appeals are concluded also ruins the integrity of the season when they then start giving points back. And giving Forest 2 points back for co-operation and us up to 1 for admitting guilt is ridiculous from the IC's too.

That said, I find it surprising how vitriolic some neutral fans are from non "Big 6" clubs towards Everton and the accusations of cheating. We broke rules, no argument there, and have been shambolically run by Moshiri but it's very clear from the past few seasons that we have not been gaining some unfair advantage over the rest of the league boosting our squad with loads of better players. Our net spend in the last 5 seasons is the 3rd lowest in the League and the weakening of our squad in the last couple of seasons has continued the relegation battles. Factors that have also come in to our breach, which are undeniable, are us building a stadium (interest payments have been a contentious issue), the affect the Ukraine War has had on our financial backing and sponsorship in relation to Usmanov (who was the main person funding us with Moshiri as the face of it) and also losing out on any potential sell on fee with Sigurdsson who we paid ยฃ40m+ for.

Meanwhile the favoured "Sky 6" can be hundreds of millions in debt (Man United) spend hundreds of millions year on year (Chelsea) and are able to get away with it because they happen to produce huge revenue through being globally popular clubs.

The rest of the League are realising that they will need to sell their best players to stay within the outdated ยฃ105m (hasn't accounted for inflation in the past decade) and who ends up benefiting - the Sky 6. West Ham seem likely to lose Paqueta to Man City, Villa need to sell a big name, Newcastle apparently the same too. Leicester in trouble when they come back up because they tried to compete. The whole PSR system is set up in a way that makes it extremely difficult for a fair competition if you aren't a globally popular club like the Sky 6.

Brighton for example have been brilliantly run and are a leading example for us all (Everton being the exact opposite under Moshiri), but how long will it last. I honestly expect them to be relegated within 5-10 seasons as they won't be able to sustain their current model.

Last edited:
This whole PSR thing is a nonsense and has further ruined the Sport.

I've said since our first points deduction (when it became clear the PL were serious) that we did deserve some points taken off as we broke the rules. I still stand by it but the way the PL have gone about the whole thing, not just with us, but with other clubs has been farcical. Also in relation to sanctioning teams without a proper framework. I know some will say that the clubs didn't vote for one but it's still terrible organisation from the PL and has caused so many issues with these inconsistent punishments now being given out. Applying deductions before appeals are concluded also ruins the integrity of the season when they then start giving points back. And giving Forest 2 points back for co-operation and us up to 1 for admitting guilt is ridiculous from the IC's too.

That said, I find it surprising how vitriolic some neutral fans are from non "Big 6" clubs towards Everton and the accusations of cheating. We broke rules, no argument there, and have been shambolically run by Moshiri but it's very clear from the past few seasons that we have not been gaining some unfair advantage over the rest of the league boosting our squad with loads of better players. Our net spend in the last 5 seasons is the 3rd lowest in the League and the weakening of our squad in the last couple of seasons has continued the relegation battles. Factors that have also come in to our breach, which are undeniable, are us building a stadium (interest payments have been a contentious issue), the affect the Ukraine War has had on our financial backing and sponsorship in relation to Usmanov (who was the main person funding us with Moshiri as the face of it) and also losing out on any potential sell on fee with Sigurdsson who we paid ยฃ40m+ for.

Meanwhile the favoured "Sky 6" can be hundreds of millions in debt (Man United) spend hundreds of millions year on year (Chelsea) and are able to get away with it because they happen to produce huge revenue through being globally popular clubs.

The rest of the League are realising that they will need to sell their best players to stay within the outdated ยฃ105m (hasn't accounted for inflation in the past decade) and who ends up benefiting - the Sky 6. West Ham seem likely to lose Paqueta to Man City, Villa need to sell a big name, Newcastle apparently the same too. Leicester in trouble when they come back up because they tried to compete. The whole PSR system is set up in a way that makes it extremely difficult for a fair competition if you aren't a globally popular club like the Sky 6.

Brighton for example have been brilliantly run and are a leading example for us all (Everton being the exact opposite under Moshiri), but how long will it last. I honestly expect them to be relegated within 5-10 seasons as they won't be able to sustain their current model.
WOW!!! Excellent, reasoned and well-articulated response to the recent decisions to deduct further points from Everton. Like your good self, I'm prepared to "cop it sweet" regarding the club being punished, (do the crime- do the time?) and have been surprised at the levels of vitriol and spite directed at us, but HEY! there's nowt new in that! I've been an Evertonian now going on 79 years, over the journey, I've developed a thick skin, and a strong backbone!
This (as you correctly point out) "farcical" set up in the EPL will, in time change, owners and administrators come and go...... clubs, and those who support them endure!!!!!!

I hope Luton sues at the end of the season Everton might stay up but hit them more in the pocket book
The hell you on about no chance on earth Luton can sue Everton you dopey dipstick

Only reason they have a chance of staying up is because of the points deductionโ€™s to Everton and Forest theyโ€™d be pretty much down any other year
Going to be court cases after relegation this season.

Similar to when Sheff U kicked off at West Ham over the Tevez/Mascherano deal.
Wonโ€™t be like

I think itโ€™s fair to start wondering if the premier league will do everything in their power to ensure that Man City get the bare minimum punishment so they can continue to make the premier league the money they so value.

Whatโ€™s sad is Iโ€™m not sure many fans would kick up a fuss? Maybe Everton for a bit? Then things would move on like nothing happened.

All the other clubs have the power but no one wants to make a stand.
Itโ€™s difficult really to argue that when the most obvious thing that the Premier League had โ€œwithin its powerโ€ to make sure Manchester City got the bare minimum punishment would have been not to charge them in the first place.

Itโ€™s not as if there was a particular clamour for them to do so. Plenty of people thought Manchester City had got away with it a bit in the past, but got away with it is the operative phrase there. None of the other clubs were particularly shouting for charges. None of the media was. Not even that many fans were anymore. The charges pretty much came out of the blue. Thatโ€™s not really the action of a Premier League bent on letting them off as slightly as they can.

The hell you on about no chance on earth Luton can sue Everton you dopey dipstick

Only reason they have a chance of staying up is because of the points deductionโ€™s to Everton and Forest theyโ€™d be pretty much down any other year

Wonโ€™t be like
Tell that to the lawyers nailed on lawsuit

Back