Escape from Dubai...

this story always sticks in my mind. The Brits were getting out of a taxi which had pulled in ( quite correctly ) to a single track service road outside the Irish village pub. The young local pulled up behind them in his Hummer, google it if you're not sure.

Not guilty plea in 'extreme road rage' murder case

He couldn't be arsed to wait for them to pay the driver so he drove onto the path and at the crowd. He then reversed back over the woman for good measure. She died and he got 7 years
Was the wife of a colleague of mine at the time. Horrific.

Some people just don't want to know the shit under the glitzy veneer as long as they get a bit of sun and shopping. I have visited my grandkids there a few times now as my son still works there. I send him links to the dodgy stuff, he is switched on, knows it goes on but having watched the documentary on the princess, I worry that the sophisticated surveillance they use could even pick up stuff they don't like in the links I send him.
I will continue to visit family while they choose to live there but feel increasingly uncomfortable about it.

Some people just don't want to know the shit under the glitzy veneer as long as they get a bit of sun and shopping. I have visited my grandkids there a few times now as my son still works there. I send him links to the dodgy stuff, he is switched on, knows it goes on but having watched the documentary on the princess, I worry that the sophisticated surveillance they use could even pick up stuff they don't like in the links I send him.
I will continue to visit family while they choose to live there but feel increasingly uncomfortable about it.

What documentary was this btw and where is it available to watch?

One of sheikh mohammeds wives is currently battling in the high court to stop her children being forced into an arranged marriage and to become a ward of court so that they can stay in the UK.

Back