Erasure

My Mrs loves them, had tickets for the sage a few years back to see them, thought I’d have to sit through a few hours of shite music, they were brilliant, saw them again at Cambridge Corn Exchange, fab band and brilliant live.

Why would you state your sexuality? Or your thirst.
Yes, good song.
He stated his sexuality because he knew what some of the replies would be hinting at.

Which is not a good aspect in the state of the SMB.......
Ah for God sake, your going to make a massive deal out if it aren't you ? I stated that cause I didn't want people to think that cause I like erasure I must be homosexual. I know it means I'm bad but it's the truth.
It is the state of this place at times. People commenting on sexuality - nowt to do with them.

Last edited:
I'm part of a very small demographic that likes both Carter and Erasure but I don't get the comparison. Erasure are gods of pop who pumped out a series of pop anthems (the Circus & the Innocents are albums laden with belters). Carter have had a few tunes, a couple of particular ones spring to mind, but otherwise they've been following @spacehopper in coming in with songs based on puns.

Possibly just that both had two members. Mainly for me, that neither quite made the perfect album.

Top band. Still sing their songs in the shower (not with other men)
What about when you take the dog in?
Fantastic band, love their music right from the start, Wonderland is a brilliant album....

Saw them a few times, always put on a cracking gig, the Wild tour was excellent....
Spot on Marra - say them at the City Hall in their prime, they were topper.
I thought it was quite bizarre young Women screaming at Andy, not because he was obviously gay, but more because he is up there with Peter Beardsley/ Eric Gates in the looks stakes

Last edited:
Tip of the hat to Vince Clarke, a great songwriter and synth-pop master. Founder member of Depeche Mode, he went on to discover great voices to carry his songs; Alison Moyet in Yazoo, then Andy Bell in Erasure, then invited Feargal Sharkey to front The Assembly. It's not my genre at all, but you have to credit his talent with a pop song.
Yep, Clarky is a genius.

Yazoo stuff is superb.

Back