Eoin Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye it was - and Pietersen suddenly struggling against left arm orthodox when he looked as if he had sorted those problems out last summer. He started playing around his pad to balls he was hitting in the V last year.

Flower does deserve some criticism for this but also as experienced internationa batsmen they should be finding a way that works for them.

What I am most critical of Flower of is the fact as one of the very best players of spin himself, is he not passing tips on, or are the players sticking two fingers up at him?

I appreciate he cant bat for them but seems very strange, KP gives off the vibe he doesnt much like Flower but could be speculation on my part

Morgan has had a good run in the Test side.

It's not a proposed chop and change that was synonymous with the Ted Dexter era. He has failed miserably in the job he was specifically selected to do. Missing a straight one in the second innings was nothing short of dreadful. It also sends out the wrong message to an over pampered side and compounds the cosy England team culture, where some of the players are untouchable.

I recall the likes of Langer being dropped by Aussie after being far more established than Eoin Morgan.

A bowler would not have been given such grace ;)

What I am most critical of Flower of is the fact as one of the very best players of spin himself, is he not passing tips on, or are the players sticking two fingers up at him?

I appreciate he cant bat for them but seems very strange, KP gives off the vibe he doesnt much like Flower but could be speculation on my part

Yep. DRS has changed the game, batsmen need to have a much clearer plan how to counter quality spinners.

Flower should be working with them on this, but they look clueless

Interesting that Bell has been promoted being good against spin, but has struggled against Murali & Warne more than most. What was really poor was the impression that he had no idea what was coming in terms of a doosra and the necessary plan in place to pick it

Totally agree, his dismissal in the 2nd innings was almost comical.

I stand corrected but is Kandy the most spin friendly test wicket in world cricket. One has to be concerned at what maybe to come

We have Dubai to suffer again yet man :lol:

I have written this series off. Ajmal is class, too much pyschological damage and the batsman too much to correct and not enough time to achieve meaningful success.

Would be nice to see different approaches being attempted from the batsman

I have written this series off. Ajmal is class, too much pyschological damage and the batsman too much to correct and not enough time to achieve meaningful success.

Would be nice to see different approaches being attempted from the batsman

The saving grace could be the fact that Pakistan are no great shakes with the bat either. One decnet partnership won them the game, playing Monty and Swann might make it a very low scoring game, and we could squeek it.

I stand corrected but is Kandy the most spin friendly test wicket in world cricket. One has to be concerned at what maybe to come

It's the sort of place where even KP could have it turning at right angles if it's true to form, but the danger won't be the Sri Lankan spinners, it'll be the mindset of the English batsmen when facing them. If they can grow a pair and be prepared to take them on, then the danger is the killer ball, if we go with the cautious, "defend at all costs" mentality, we may as well be on a damp green top as the wickets will fall regardless of the spin.

The same will be true in the 3rd test this week, take them on, we have a chance, go into our shells, we lose.

essex boy said:

We're playing Galle and Colombo though. Do you think they'd prepare a raging turner given that we have Swann and Monty to their Herath? Interested in views on this as I'm going out to it and desperately don't want it to be a bore draw.

Get him out the firing line, he's a player I rate but his technique has been found sadly lacking at test level. I thought his biggest problem is outside off stump when the seamers are pushing it away from him but he's looked equally as inadequate against spin in the series. By no means should it signal the end of his test career but there selectors have nothing to gain by letting him play the 3rd test and could most likely damage what must already be fragile confidence further by sending him out there in this type of form.

I am pro a change but not just because he is so badly out of knick - i really think we need an all rounder in the side capable of bowling a bit and trott is not the answet to this IMO

for that reason as much as i dont really rate him with bat or ball that much i think bopara would bring greater balance to the side at least, and cant really do any little than morgan has.

If Ben Stokes starts like he did last season and bowls more regularly it will be hard to ignore him come the Summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back