Eoin Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's always the case. Even if a player is selected to play a home game against Australia - he could still decide that he doesn't want to play.

The point is, it never stopped him before did it? When there was mega bucks to be made. The bloke is a hypocrite and for me he waived his right to England captaincy when he tweeted boasting about what great hospitality he'd received by Guinness Ireland DURING a game where the lads were battling away trying to win an ODI in Bangladesh.
The ECB explicitly stated that they could refuse in security grounds with no consequences

Yeah, because the ECB are a wholly trustworthy and honourable organisation.

You're just arguing semantics now, I think truthfully you know that his hypocrisy and greed trump any 'moral' reason no matter how much he pleads his case.

I'm not and I don't

But we can disagree

So you have no problem whatsoever with him saying he doesn't want to play for England in Bangladesh because he's scarred mentally following a bomb blast at an IPL game, yet he seems completely fine taking the money by still playing in the IPL?

So you have no problem whatsoever with him saying he doesn't want to play for England in Bangladesh because he's scarred mentally following a bomb blast at an IPL game, yet he seems completely fine taking the money by still playing in the IPL?
Yes because security situations are fluid.

India is generally safer than Bangladesh right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back