Eoin Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

do we still want to drop him?
I know what you're getting at here but tbf he was in a lousy run of form for quite a long period of time. He'd of been dropped if he wasn't the captain of an improving team.

Anyway it's great to see him back in great form, can only be good for England.

strange career, he can go months without playing.

still he is a good captain of this current group of players in odis

Could score a hundred runs in every one of his innings until he retires and people like brandon would still want him dropped.

He's still a very good one day player.

Thanks for the endorsement.

I don't want him in the side because of his Bangladesh no go. He could score 1000 runs on Thursday and I still feel he's no longer fit to lead.

Thanks for the endorsement.

I don't want him in the side because of his Bangladesh no go. He could score 1000 runs on Thursday and I still feel he's no longer fit to lead.

I hear what you're saying. I too wanted him out for that very reason. But I'm a fickle fucker and dont mind now as long as we are winning. As soon as we lose one, I'll get on his back cos he's a pussy mother fucker and sent his troops over while he stayed at home. The gypo kernt.

I hear what you're saying. I too wanted him out for that very reason. But I'm a fickle fucker and dont mind now as long as we are winning. As soon as we lose one, I'll get on his back cos he's a pussy mother fucker and sent his troops over while he stayed at home. The gypo kernt.

There's a lot to be said for that, rightly or wrongly.

Just look at the KP situation. The SA texting thing was allowed to pass but the Ashes thing wasn't - many could argue that ultimately came down to form.

Great one day player and captain. Laughable the patter about dropping him cos he didn't want to run the risk of being gunned down by religious fanatics.

Its laughable reading peoples comments about thais Eoin didn't go due to witnessing real terrorist attacks at close hand in the past and having been through that didn't want to take the risk which in my mind is ok (and told him as much at the time) as he was given the choice by the ECB as was every player and he chose not to go on safety grounds!

If you went on holiday or away to work and witnessed terrorist attacks at close hand would you be jumping up and down to go back or to a place with just as much risk if you were given the choice?

You have to remember they are going to play cricket and not fight on the front line so I find the comments from people who don't know what he has been through in the past calling him worse than shit for making a decision based on that and not wanting to risk going through it again a joke and disrespectful!

Its laughable reading peoples comments about thais Eoin didn't go due to witnessing real terrorist attacks at close hand in the past and having been through that didn't want to take the risk which in my mind is ok (and told him as much at the time) as he was given the choice by the ECB as was every player and he chose not to go on safety grounds!

If you went on holiday or away to work and witnessed terrorist attacks at close hand would you be jumping up and down to go back or to a place with just as much risk if you were given the choice?

You have to remember they are going to play cricket and not fight on the front line so I find the comments from people who don't know what he has been through in the past calling him worse than shit for making a decision based on that and not wanting to risk going through it again a joke and disrespectful!
Exactly

"Not fit to lead" :lol:

He witnessed a terror attack in India and has been back there year on year.

He also played in Bangladesh after witnessing the terror attack in India.

He witnessed a terror attack in India and has been back there year on year.

He also played in Bangladesh after witnessing the terror attack in India.

Yep, it seems he's not too worried about terrorism if he's getting a pot of gold.

So all the earlier points are totally futile.

In old money he "didn't go over the top with his men".
But the players appear to have accepted him back into the set up as their leader, personally surprised thought his days where numbered.

Situations are never fluid

Never

Situations are never fluid

Never

Perhaps, but I base my opinion on what I know:

- England's security expert felt it was safe for England to travel so the tour went ahead.
- Morgan didn't go, citing safety fears.
- Those same safety fears over a threat that existed before, but that didn't prevent him going to Bangladesh and India for the $$$$$ of franchise tournaments in those countries in years previous.
- For clarity, a bomb at an IPL game in 2010 and aggressions in Dhaka in 2013.

Perhaps, but I base my opinion on what I know:

- England's security expert felt it was safe for England to travel so the tour went ahead.
- Morgan didn't go, citing safety fears.
- Those same safety fears over a threat that existed before, but that didn't prevent him going to Bangladesh and India for the $$$$$ of franchise tournaments in those countries in years previous.
- For clarity, a bomb at an IPL game in 2010 and aggressions in Dhaka in 2013.
You missed the part where the ECB said it was the decision for each individual player

You missed the part where the ECB said it was the decision for each individual player

But that's always the case. Even if a player is selected to play a home game against Australia - he could still decide that he doesn't want to play.

The point is, it never stopped him before did it? When there was mega bucks to be made. The bloke is a hypocrite and for me he waived his right to England captaincy when he tweeted boasting about what great hospitality he'd received by Guinness Ireland DURING a game where the lads were battling away trying to win an ODI in Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back