English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh

Given the real definition that best = ‘the one I like the most’, then:

English- The Cure
Irish - The Rubberbandits. Oh ok, MBV.
Scottish - Mogwai, honourable mention to Orange Juice
Welsh - Cate le Bob. Or maybe John Cale.

England: The Cure
Scotland: Proclaimers
Wales: Manics
Ireland: Waterboys
I think you are the first to say The Proclaimers mind.

Few Scottish bands I forget about but love like Aztec Camera and Orange Juice. No one mentioned the Rezillos.

Has highlighted my total ignorance of Welsh bands and singers mind going to have to seek out and listen to a few mentioned on here.

English: Roxy Music.

Scottish: Bay City Rollers.

Welsh: Duffy.

Irish: I subscribe to a YouTube channel called Dublin city today. They showcase young busker talent that play on Grafton street. Through that channel I like a number of singers but Cuan Durkin, Saibh Skelly and Jacob Koopman are my favourites. I can't split those three I like them all equally.

England: Joy Division
Scotland: Belle & Sebastian
Ireland: Thin Lizzy
Wales: Manics I guess. Not hugely fussed by any of them. Maybe Goldie Lookin’ Chain as a joke.

“Come ‘ere boys. Never seen a woman with a cock before?”

English: Roxy Music.

Scottish: Bay City Rollers.

Welsh: Duffy.

Irish: I subscribe to a YouTube channel called Dublin city today. They showcase young busker talent that play on Grafton street. Through that channel I like a number of singers but Cuan Durkin, Saibh Skelly and Jacob Koopman are my favourites. I can't split those three I like them all equally.
Weird Frank Finlay looking vampire good choices.

I have to say, at a very young age I adored the Rollers and had a huge crush on Les McEwan. Favourite band wise I went straight from them to the Stranglers.
England: The Beatles
Scotland: Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Wales: Badfinger
Ireland: U2
Two in a row for the sensational Alex Harvey band who went right out of my head.

By tomorrow my list will have changed completely 😆

Last edited:
English - Radiohead
Scottish - Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Irish - Undertones
Welsh - Budgie

Well, that’s today’s favourites. Very interchangeable depending on my mood at any given time.

England - Joy Division,
Scotland - Associates,
Wales - Manic Street Preachers (first three albums only),
Ireland - Undertones.

Back