England XI for the Summer

No sure why after years of negative cricket that saw us lose 1 in 17 tests, people like yourself so keen to pour such negativity on this regime that have won 14 tests since took over??
I'm f***ing sick of this line. If Man City don't win the EPL this season, do you think they'll say "ah well, we were in League One a few years ago"? Would they fuck.

Just because we were shit a while ago and have got a little better, it doesn't mean anyone trying to point out that this team isn't perfect and still needs a LOT of work wants a re-run of the Root era.

The problem is that you just like slap and giggle cricket, with big "maximums" and bowlers just being cannon fodder as another crowd catch goes begging, so refuse to accept any criticism of it.
Such disrespect shown to Ireland.

Worst post ever you know absolutely nothing about cricket, what a disgrace.
Yanno what, I completely forgot that one:oops: :lol:
Some Ireland superfan I am ;)

I'm f***ing sick of this line. If Man City don't win the EPL this season, do you think they'll say "ah well, we were in League One a few years ago"? Would they fuck.

Just because we were shit a while ago and have got a little better, it doesn't mean anyone trying to point out that this team isn't perfect and still needs a LOT of work wants a re-run of the Root era.

The problem is that you just like slap and giggle cricket, with big "maximums" and bowlers just being cannon fodder as another crowd catch goes begging, so refuse to accept any criticism of it.

Well yeah it’s fine to point of the failings on this England team and criticize on occasions.

Especially this last series, but then again perspective needed as well, India have lost 3 in 46 tests before this last series and you yourself predicted 5-0 so what were you expecting?

But it’s completely wrong for you not to accept a more attacking approach especially from our openers has not improved this team a lot and better results have followed.

This board would have an absolute fit if another Surrey player was picked. Surrey/London bias and all that

We haven't won a home series since 2022.
we have only had one since tbf and that was a draw against the world test champions :lol:

Beat Ireland as well :cool:

I think what he was saying is in general we have improved since the 1 test win in 17 and winning 14 in 23 since is a fair reflection of that. Constructive criticism is fine bit latching on to all of the negatives all of the time is not.

I think what he was saying is in general we have improved since the 1 test win in 17 and winning 14 in 23 since is a fair reflection of that. Constructive criticism is fine bit latching on to all of the negatives all of the time is not.
I don't think anyone is denying that results are better now than they were.
But there is a cult-like attitude amongst some England supporters that ANY criticism of "Bazball" is high treason, absolutely shocking, and shouldn't be allowed because WeLl We WoN 1 iN 17 bEfOrE 🤪🤪🤪

Well that’s it, they seems to some posters who rightly have pointed out that occasions England have made the wrong choices which is more than fair enough.

And others who seem to be all over them mistakes and forget the positives of this regime which far outweigh the negatives.

As I have said been critical by all means but keep things in perspective

Well that’s it, they seems to some posters who rightly have pointed out that occasions England have made the wrong choices which is more than fair enough.

And others who seem to be all over them mistakes and forget the positives of this regime which far outweigh the negatives.

As I have said been critical by all means but keep things in perspective
The irony of you talking about perspective is amazing, btw. You refuse to listen to or accept that there could be ANY criticism levelled at this team. As long as they slog the ball down deep fine legs' throat rather than get a feather through to the keeper from a forward defensive, you're happy.

But there is a cult-like attitude amongst some England supporters that ANY criticism of "Bazball" is high treason, absolutely shocking, and shouldn't be allowed because WeLl We WoN 1 iN 17 bEfOrE 🤪🤪🤪
Nobody is saying that or has ever said that, at times this team have deserved criticism but they have deserved praise a hell of a lot more.

Sorry mate but I see you in the queue all the time when it’s criticism time.

When it’s praise time don’t see you in the queue at all!!

Nobody is saying that or has ever said that, at times this team have deserved criticism but they have deserved praise a hell of a lot more.

Sorry mate but I see you in the queue all the time when it’s criticism time.

When it’s praise time don’t see you in the queue at all!!
I'll praise when there's things to praise.
The difference between us, is I'll criticise when tings need to be criticised, whereas you'll walk around with your head in the ground all day long, because at least they're smashing 10 off 6 balls and you get your entertainment of a few balls going into the crowd

The irony of you talking about perspective is amazing, btw. You refuse to listen to or accept that there could be ANY criticism levelled at this team. As long as they slog the ball down deep fine legs' throat rather than get a feather through to the keeper from a forward defensive, you're happy.
Its the whole mentality change I massively respect, for years we have had our cricket and football teams shit scared to express themselves frightened of their own shadow or to express themselves.

Now when have a regime who allow players to play with freedom and flourish.

That’s what it’s about and I respect, not slogging as you put it.

Allowing players to be themselves

I honestly don't think there is that. I do think though that some on here are the opposite of that and just want to pile in on 'bazball' as a concept when we play poorly. This test series was very little to do with bazball and everything to do with batting poorly in general, occasionally with attacking or reckless shots but more often than not with poor defensive technique.

I'll praise when there's things to praise.
The difference between us, is I'll criticise when tings need to be criticised, whereas you'll walk around with your head in the ground all day long, because at least they're smashing 10 off 6 balls and you get your entertainment of a few balls going into the crowd
It’s what I said above mate. It’s about allowing top international players to play with freedom and express themselves.

Not been soo shit scared of losing that they turn down chasing 277 off 70 odd overs like they did under previous regime.

I don’t see you praising much mate guess you just hard to please

Last edited:
It’s what I said above mate. It’s about allowing top international players to play with freedom and express themselves.

Not been soo shit scared of losing that they turn down chasing 277 off 70 odd overs like they did under previous regime.

I don’t see you praising much mate guess you just hard to please.
There's never one approach that fits all. England's approach on several occasions in India was nothing short of Kamikazi and far more irresponsible than not chasing 277 off 70 overs. Top international players don't play with freedom-they read the situation and play to the context of the match situation. Bazball doesn't allow that. Hopefully that's now been recognized.

Last edited:
This board would have an absolute fit if another Surrey player was picked. Surrey/London bias and all that

We haven't won a home series since 2022.
Looking at your squad its going to be fascinating to see who make the top 6 of the batting order. They can't all play if available and the signing of Lawrence looks a bit excessive with the young batsmen coming through like Geddess.
Always liked Smith from watching him bat for England u19s.

There's never one approach that fits all. England's approach on several occasions in India was nothing short of Kamikazi and far more irresponsible than not chasing 277 off 70 overs. Top international players don't play with freedom-they read the situation and play to the context of the match situation. Bazball doesn't allow that. Hopefully that's now been recognized.
Yeah I think that fair up to a point, and yes top international players should be more adaptable and this team needs to learn to do that better, think that fair

But it still best if any sport or walk of life come to that if people feel they have the backing of management and not feel soo under pressure that they unable to perform

But nothing and no one will ever persuade me it was worse that not even attempting to chase 277 of 70 odd overs from ball one with ten wickets in hand, said at the time and will say again it was a absolute disgrace to not even try.

If lost 2/3 early wickets fair enough shut up shop,but from ball one with ten wickets in hand, was one if not the worse decisions I have ever seen completely the wrong message
When I say play with freedom I dont mean attack all the time, I mean allowing players to have your backing and not have them feel frightened to make a decision

Last edited:
I must have watched a different series tbh. Do you not think they were trying to read the situation when they were completely and utterly becalmed being bowled out for 145 in the second innings of the 4th test in close to 60 overs or the 122 in 40 overs in the 3rd test? I mean they were utterly shit but there's evidence right there that they can make the decisions to play the situation as they see it but reading it and carrying it out are two different things.

Yeah I think that fair up to a point, and yes top international players should be more adaptable and this team needs to learn to do that better, think that fair

But it still best if any sport or walk of life come to that if people feel they have the backing of management and not feel soo under pressure that they unable to perform

But nothing and no one will ever persuade me it was worse that not even attempting to chase 277 of 70 odd overs from ball one with ten wickets in hand, said at the time and will say again it was a absolute disgrace to not even try.

If lost 2/3 early wickets fair enough shut up shop,but from ball one with ten wickets in hand, was one if not the worse decisions I have ever seen completely the wrong message
When I say play with freedom I dont mean attack all the time, I mean allowing players to have your backing and not have them feel frightened to make a decision
Fact was Root just didn't have the qualities to be able to make decisions nor the strength to see them carried out. Shouldn't ever have been captain,for that reason I'm loathe to criticize. Stokes is the polar opposite - blind faith!!🤗🤗

I must have watched a different series tbh. Do you not think they were trying to read the situation when they were completely and utterly becalmed being bowled out for 145 in the second innings of the 4th test in close to 60 overs or the 122 in 40 overs in the 3rd test? I mean they were utterly shit but there's evidence right there that they can make the decisions to play the situation as they see it but reading it and carrying it out are two different things. There seems to be this belief that if they try to play more cautiously they wont get out. Stokes tried it and barely made a run. Whenever Duckett tried it he would get caught at th wicket. In the early tests Root was caught playing tentatively to slip.

Also there seems to be this decision made before the series that England would fail and Bazball would fail. We have went over there scored at 3.6 throughout the wholes series and had sections of play where we haven't attempted to play any shots at all and lack of being proactive has cost us wickets at tikes - Stokes more than most.

Back