Hartley
Bashir
Woakes
Potts
Anderson
Tongue
Wood
Atkinson

Time to ship Bairstow and probably Foakes. Pope’s on thin ice. Also time to look at some younger seamers - Potts being the pick of the bunch. Left out Leach (injury) and Robinson (apparent attitude/off-field issues).

Salt’s a total wildcard pick, but think he could cause damage at 7 and batting with the tail. Remains to be seen if his glove work is good enough at Test level.

Thoughts?

As it stands, my pool of 18 players for the Summer Tests would be:

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Bohannon
Root
Brook
Lawrence
Stokes (c)
Salt/Robinson (wk)
Ahmed
Hartley
Bashir
Woakes
Potts
Anderson
Tongue
Wood
Atkinson

Time to ship Bairstow and probably Foakes. Pope’s on thin ice. Also time to look at some younger seamers - Potts being the pick of the bunch. Left out Leach (injury) and Robinson (apparent attitude/off-field issues).

Salt’s a total wildcard pick, but think he could cause damage at 7 and batting with the tail. Remains to be seen if his glove work is good enough at Test level.

Thoughts?
Bohannon is clearly the next cab on the rank. Anyone seen much of him and how he bats? - I hope he doesn't get overlooked down to not being bazbally enough?

No Virdi or Burns?
Nah. Although I'd like to change my side, if I may -

Duckett
Crawley
Pope
Root
Smith
Stokes
Jacks
Foakes (wk) (c)
S Curran
Lawes
Atkinson

Best spinner in the country in the side, best gloveman in the side, best all rounder this country has seen since Botham is in the side, as is Stokes, long batting lineup.

Would sweep the lot aside.

I seen someone on Facebook yesterday suggesting Carse, many others in the comments also spoke highly of Carse… I found it bizarre as fuck that he was being spoke about and not a single comment mentioned Potts. I’ve also seen people overlooking Potts/Tongue/Atkinson and others for Archer, who I predict will not play test cricket again.

As it stands, my pool of 18 players for the Summer Tests would be:

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Bohannon
Root
Brook
Lawrence
Stokes (c)
Salt/Robinson (wk)
Ahmed
Hartley
Bashir
Woakes
Potts
Anderson
Tongue
Wood
Atkinson

Thoughts?
Foakes is the best keeper by a country mile.

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
Smith/Rew WK
Woakes
Potts
Bashir
Anderson

Bohannon, Robinson, Atkinson, Wood, Tongue,

Plenty of opportunities for county cricketers to shine before test series later in the summer. Definitely time to move on from one or two current players.

From what i have seen i quite like Smith at Surrey, Rew at Somerset. Hopefully Potts gets a chance.

Spinner will be interesting two of the three youngsters who toured India probably not play first blick of championship matches.

Back