England vs India (fourth test) The Oval

Lancashire wicketkeeper-batsman Jos Buttler returns to the squad following the birth of his daughter during the fourth Test at the Kia Oval.

Somerset spinner Jack Leach has been added to the squad for the final Test of the series.

Batsman Sam Billings, who was included in the fourth Test squad, has returned to Kent.

Anyone else off the old Trafford? I’m there on Saturday, lost a lot of motivation following yesterday but sure will be ready to reset come Friday.

I think he bowled poorly last year like, but we've missed him massively, just need that point of difference

Him n Stokes 2 of our best cricketers lets be honest, we dont have much red ball depth like.

Not an excuse, just a reality of our red ball talent.
How did we miss him when he's been shite? He wouldn't even be an automatic pick for me, he's too unpredictable. You were bemoaning loss of Broad last match but he's done nowt this year. We beat India with Jordan and Woakes leading the attack in 2014.
The problem isn't missing key bowlers, it's the batting and the lack of strategy.

How did we miss him when he's been shite? He wouldn't even be an automatic pick for me, he's too unpredictable. You were bemoaning loss of Broad last match but he's done nowt this year. We beat India with Jordan and Woakes leading the attack in 2014.
The problem isn't missing key bowlers, it's the batting and the lack of strategy.

this is utter nonsense to suggest we dont miss broad like

lunacy

and archer

it is missing key players, you said we hope we get beat at Manchester so kind of sums up your opiniosn on English cricket

we were on top for large periods of 3 out of 4 of these tests, and we missed key players to put them away

Anyone else off the old Trafford? I’m there on Saturday, lost a lot of motivation following yesterday but sure will be ready to reset come Friday.
Day 1 but sold my tickets back to lancs for day 2 and 3. Got four days at Headingley next week, then finals day then the BWT final to come so won’t be short of cricket to attend between now and the end of the season

Day 1 but sold my tickets back to lancs for day 2 and 3. Got four days at Headingley next week, then finals day then the BWT final to come so won’t be short of cricket to attend between now and the end of the season
Forecast a bit hit and miss for Friday it seems, fingers crossed for you it clears up before then.

Buttler is our first choice keeper like, he plays when available. Really hope Leach plays
I’m not saying I disagree, but he’s not there on form is he?

There are a lot of people on social media criticising his being able to simply walk back into the side following leaving to be at the birth of his daughter and whilst I’m definitely not one of them, I do understand their argument in part with regards to Team England’s ‘favourability’ towards him.
There’s a bigger occasion going on down the road from there on Saturday ;).

Stokes, Broad, Archer, Woakes are big misses. They win games for England, if they are available then we can rotate a bowling attack as well rather than bowling Jimmy and Robinson into the ground.

I’m not saying I disagree, but he’s not there on form is he?

There are a lot of people on social media criticising his being able to simply walk back into the side following leaving to be at the birth of his daughter and whilst I’m definitely not one of them, I do understand their argument in part with regards to Team England’s ‘favourability’ towards him.

There’s a bigger occasion going on down the road from there on Saturday ;).

Yeah I agree, I think Root likes him on the field more than anything but he does miss a lot of test cricket yet his place is never in doubt. It would be nice if Foakes can score some runs for Surrey next year and take the place as keeper - he has been unlucky with injuries this year

I don’t mind Moeen as first choice spinner as long as they use him. In that 2nd innings he should have been bowling most of the overs, not Anderson and Robinson

Back