England v West Indies series confirmed

Good shout, I’ve got holiday to burn this year!
Been asked to book 5 days for any time between now and the end of the year to take it down to 10 to carry over to next year so taken the first 3 days of the first Test and the first 2 days of the second. Haven't had owt since CT in January so looking forward to it as long as there is no rise in cases of course. I'd be enforcing strict lockdown tonight for 5 weeks to make sure there isn't if it was up to me!

Been asked to book 5 days for any time between now and the end of the year to take it down to 10 to carry over to next year so taken the first 3 days of the first Test and the first 2 days of the second. Haven't had owt since CT in January so looking forward to it as long as there is no rise in cases of course. I'd be enforcing strict lockdown tonight for 5 weeks to make sure there isn't if it was up to me!
I’m similar. Have 45 to take by December...

Good to hear. It's going to be interesting how they rotate the squad given they're potentially going to be playing 15 days of test cricket in 21 days.

There certainly is. Just looking at the 55 who are back in training, I'd imagine a 14 man test squad so trying to work out what'd be the XI.

Crawley
Sibley
Denly
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
Alli
Curran. S
Archer
Anderson

Burns
Curran. T
Bairstow

Burns will play if fit

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Woakes/ S Curran
Archer/ Wood
Bess/ Leach
Broad/ Anderson

Last edited:

Would keep him back for the Old Trafford tests. Him and Anderson rotating the main bowler spot in the two OT tests.
Burns will play if fit

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Woakes/ S Curran
Archer/ Wood
Bess/ Leach
Broad/ Anderson

I'd be inclined to give Denly another go at the Rose Bowl and then potentially look to bring Burns in and let Crawley have a go at first drop. Would keep Wood back for OT with Broad. Can see it being a toss up between Leach and Alli. I'd certainly lean towards Leach but think the selectors will go for Alli at Southampton. Expect Woakes and Tom Curran will be held back for the one day stuff later in the summer.

Last edited:

Back