England v West Indies series confirmed

I know Pringle gets some stuck in here but I actually forgot how bang average a cricketer Geoff Miller was.

I never. He was no better than Mike Bore, or Colin (I think) Treadwell or Stuart Turner, a journeyman county plodder, glad they were in your side, doing a job, but knowing they're a million miles from the test arena.

I was amazed he won so many caps.

Squad for Tests
Think I read somewhere that there will be a 20 man squad for the 3 tests. With everyone fit, it will be interesting to see how they go about choosing a first XI

You'd assume Burns comes back in as he had a good summer. Sibley has done nothing wrong and Root, Stokes, Pope picks itself as 4-5-6

If Ali is available, that strengthens the batting (assuming he'll come in a 8) then it's a toss up between Archer, Broad, Wood, Anderson, Woakes and Curran for the remaining 3 slots. Can't see Denly getting a look in now.....

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root (c)
Stokes
Pope
Buttler (w)
Ali
Archer
Wood
Anderson

Harsh on Broad

Think I read somewhere that there will be a 20 man squad for the 3 tests. With everyone fit, it will be interesting to see how they go about choosing a first XI

You'd assume Burns comes back in as he had a good summer. Sibley has done nothing wrong and Root, Stokes, Pope picks itself as 4-5-6

If Ali is available, that strengthens the batting (assuming he'll come in a 8) then it's a toss up between Archer, Broad, Wood, Anderson, Woakes and Curran for the remaining 3 slots. Can't see Denly getting a look in now.....

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root (c)
Stokes
Pope
Buttler (w)
Ali
Archer
Wood
Anderson

Harsh on Broad

Apparently Root is gonna miss the first test as his wife is due to give birth, in which case Denly will probably get a reprieve.

Will we save Jimmy for Old Trafford? We’re going to be rotating the bowlers throughout the summer presumably

Apparently Root is gonna miss the first test as his wife is due to give birth, in which case Denly will probably get a reprieve.

Will we save Jimmy for Old Trafford? We’re going to be rotating the bowlers throughout the summer presumably
Is that definite? I knew it was being talked about and it's unfortunate timing. Makes sense not to even go in the bubble if you need to leave it

Be interested to see how Stokes does as captain as a one off.

It's been so long since he's played for us I'd imagine he'll be itching to bowl (3 tests in the last 16 months)

Last edited:
Is that definite? I knew it was being talked about and it's unfortunate timing. Makes sense not to even go in the bubble if you need to leave it

Be interested to see how Stokes does as captain as a one off.

It's been so long since he's played for us I'd imagine he'll be itching to bowl (3 tests in the last 16 months)

This seems to be the latest Ben Stokes ready to cover for Joe Root: 'I'm Scottie Pippen to his Michael Jordan' | ESPNcricinfo.com

Last edited:

I'd hope they might give Lawrence a go. Denly has had plenty of chances now.

Also no club cricket this season based on this

Back