England v New Zealand 3rd T20. BBC 1 and Skysports Cricket 2pm

He quite often catches up he's better than livingstone he just doesn't score as quickly I get what you’re saying but I'd rather someone slightly slower who gets more consistent runs at times has to be a ballance to be honest

I'd rather have a player who can play the situation and go through the gears when required tbh. If you were a NZ bowler today you would have wrang your hands with glee knowing Malan was gonna come in and and dead bat the first over, heaping further pressure on those behind him with such a big total to chase. In T20 you can't waste an over getting your eye in and then holing out on your tenth delivery. Malan does that often.

I'd rather have a player who can play the situation and go through the gears when required tbh. If you were a NZ bowler today you would have wrang your hands with glee knowing Malan was gonna come in and and dead bat the first over, heaping further pressure on those behind him with such a big total to chase. In T20 you can't waste an over getting your eye in and then holing out on your tenth delivery. Malan does that often.
He also catches up often

He also catches up often
We all know this chops but he looks out of place in a game like t20 which is getting faster and more powerful

hes no great fielder and he bats at around 128. That’s slow in modern terms .

You have to be up to 150 plus these days in the top 3

he has won a World Cup and now it’s time for others to have a shot. You can’t go on forever

We all know this chops but he looks out of place in a game like t20 which is getting faster and more powerful

he has won a World Cup and now it’s time for others to have a shot. You can’t go on forever
Didn't look out of place in the first game

I get the point your making, and I feel the same for the most part. But don't we have room for an anchor role in T20's anymore? The likes of Babar Azam and even Kohli start a bit pedestrian and then 'catch' up with the S/R as they get themselves in.

Could have done with an anchor last night, didn't look like getting close in that chase at all.

I get the point your making, and I feel the same for the most part. But don't we have room for an anchor role in T20's anymore? The likes of Babar Azam and even Kohli start a bit pedestrian and then 'catch' up with the S/R as they get themselves in.

Could have done with an anchor last night, didn't look like getting close in that chase at all.
We do but that maybe someone else

when you look at the team, yes rash, Moeen and buttler are the experience with jordan when selected but we have a lot of t20 players not getting a look in

his rate is slow for the top level we are and aspire to stay . I like Malan but sooner or later you move onto the next cab off the rank

even more so if Malan is in the odi team whilst brook is not . i suspect every country playing would be very happy to see malan walking out, whilst brook is on drinks duty
Didn't look out of place in the first game
No more chops. I ain’t playing anymore

Back