England v Ireland 3rd ODI 2pm start 4/8/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with all those saying Vince was a waste of a spot. I honestly think it's too early to play Banton in these ODIs. He knows how to play T20s, and even then that's opening. But I think he needs time to figure out how to approach 40-50 over matches and this ain't the place for that. There are plenty of other guys who should be having a run here.

Agree with all those saying Vince was a waste of a spot. I honestly think it's too early to play Banton in these ODIs. He knows how to play T20s, and even then that's opening. But I think he needs time to figure out how to approach 40-50 over matches and this ain't the place for that. There are plenty of other guys who should be having a run here.
Don’t disagree in a way. But equally I don’t mind blooding a novice in what is an experienced team against the Irish. Especially if they think he is the real deal and there is no domestic one day stuff at the moment

Don’t disagree in a way. But equally I don’t mind blooding a novice in what is an experienced team against the Irish. Especially if they think he is the real deal and there is no domestic one day stuff at the moment

I think it's pointless really, unless they want him to fail to incentivize him to work harder or something. He's getting great experience all over the world already. A lot of the others, particularly someone like Hain who has a very good List A record but doesn't maybe have the explosive T20 game to get noticed.

I think it's pointless really, unless they want him to fail to incentivize him to work harder or something. He's getting great experience all over the world already. A lot of the others, particularly someone like Hain who has a very good List A record but doesn't maybe have the explosive T20 game to get noticed.
I agree Hain is incredibly unlucky. I think they see Banton as multi format, hence the inclusion.

Good opportunity today, especially batting with Morgan

My Bants is looking good :cool:
If this shit TMS commentator doesn't stop calling Banton Bamford I'm heading down to Southampton with a power drill and a shovel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back