England v Belgium Kick Off 7.45pm Channel 4

The same Germany we beat last euros?
We will get to semi finals minimum, winning it should be the aim.
This team will be even better at the World Cup, especially if Kane still firing.
Yes but we were at home and this time they are. It counts for a lot. Let’s be honest 66 at home we won it, 96 at home got to semis and probably played best football at times I can remember in tournament footy I have seen (was born in 72 so wasn’t about for 66 win), and then then got to final other year and blew it against an Italy team that we should have beaten.

I’m pleased you are confident and I hope you are correct and we win it. I’m just not convinced that Southgate knows how to get the best out of the gems he has to pick from. Against the bigger nations he goes all defensive instead of going for the jugular. And let’s face it our best form of defence is attack with this squad. If we moved it at pace and constantly pressed teams would shit a brick.

I keep thinking imagine Klopps philosophy with that England squad. If we don’t win we’d go out with a bang and excitement not a whimper.

Rooney, Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Gerrard, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves would all walk into this current side based on ability. I’d probably say Beckham as well. Hard to not make a case for Lampard or Joe Cole either.

The point is about quality and talent. The current squad does not have anywhere near the depth of talent or ability as that era had. They were mismanaged (which is the criticism being levelled at Southgate).
I'm not sure about that like. That England team could never dominate the middle against the best teams. They never really gelled as a team. And this group with saka, foden, Bellingham, kane, stones is stacked full of talent. Cerrainly in an attacking sense. And as we've seen today a lot of the players that can step in are also high quality.

Arguably our strongest squad in 2004 had dyer, Heskey, vassell, phil deville, butt. Not exactly amazing.

I think its just wrong to say this group doesn't have tanywhere near the depth of talent that group had.

Well he wasn’t like. He wasn’t rapid by any means but slow as fuck is a nonsense. He was supremely fit, superb first touch, vision, passing ability and desire.

There’s some outstandingly poor yet very superior footballing opinions on here.
He didn’t need to be the fastest pace wise as he had a quick football brain and most importantly didn’t need to beat his man to get a cross in. His crossing was that good.

He didn’t need to be the fastest pace wise as he had a quick football brain and most importantly didn’t need to beat his man to get a cross in. His crossing was that good.

And when he played more centrally or had that free role that came with his captaincy, his fitness and engine got him about the park. He could cover every blade of grass. Outstanding athlete.

Lampard and Gerrard similarly. It’s an absolute travesty that a combination of poor management and injury misfortune meant that era won nothing between 04 and 10

I
And when he played more centrally or had that free role that came with his captaincy, his fitness and engine got him about the park. He could cover every blade of grass. Outstanding athlete.

Lampard and Gerrard similarly. It’s an absolute travesty that a combination of poor management and injury misfortune meant that era won nothing between 04 and 10
and worse, they didn’t even come close

So why give them a game?

We always hear how Southgate doesn’t have long enough to work with his players and instill his vision, yet he gets the opportunity and plays donkeys like Dunk
Because they’re injured or went off injured?
Maguire and co to the rescue :lol:
Maguire walker and stones? 2 of which are part of the best team in the world atm. f***ing hell, who do you want to come to the rescue?

Because they’re injured or went off injured?

Maguire walker and stones? 2 of which are part of the best team in the world atm. f***ing hell, who do you want to come to the rescue?
Must be difficult in a team where 80% of the time your team has the ball :lol:

We are poor defensively. Its why poor Southy tries to protect the back line.

Must be difficult in a team where 80% of the time your team has the ball :lol:

We are poor defensively. Its why poor Southy tries to protect the back line.
Tonight has no reflection on our defence as 75% of them weren’t playing. If shaw is fit it’s arguable if any of them will even play. You’re just looking for summit to twist about, we are a class team and will win the euros.

Back