England v Belgium Kick Off 7.45pm Channel 4

Seeing the highlights back, realised the Belgium second goal was my trademark unbeatable scoring technique in the original Sensible Soccer for the Amiga… curving floating ball to the far post with a diving header into the net… unbeatable.

Kane is genuinely world class. I’d make no arguments against that. I think Walker and, in time, Bellingham as well.
Anyone who’s a premier league regular (top half say) should be good enough to play well at the euros.
The problem is people like Maguire - who isn’t good enough to play regularly for Man U - and Hendo who is in a lesser league.
I can see the future - we’ll do ok and Maguire will make that one mistake which will cost us

Yes France of course, in tournament in Germany, we’d likely get beaten of the hosts even if it is a weak German team.

Then the usual suspects we probably would come up short against under Southgate in tournament footy
Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Italy
Possibly Croatia
The same Germany we beat last euros?
We will get to semi finals minimum, winning it should be the aim.
This team will be even better at the World Cup, especially if Kane still firing.

I’ve just watched two fixtures where Gordon, Bowen and Sam Gallagher have started.

Lampard and Beckham could do what Rice does with absolutely no issues and pose more of a threat as well. As could Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick.

If you think that Lampard and Beckham could do the job that Declan Rice does in 2024 football then this exchange ends here. Thanks. :lol:

I’ve just watched two fixtures where Gordon, Bowen and Sam Gallagher have started.

Lampard and Beckham could do what Rice does with absolutely no issues and pose more of a threat as well. As could Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick.

They won’t be starting come the summer. It’s just friendlies. We seen plenty of shite players get games in friendlies back when Beckham etc were playing.

We'll get to the quarters or semis or however long it takes to play one of the big boys. Groundhog Day from the mags of international football

Back