England Squad v Ireland ODIs

I don't blame him.

Loses his place in the WC squad for a lad who is relatively untried at ODI level and they offer him some games in a 2nd XI series.

A bit of an insult in my opinion.

I don't blame him.

Loses his place in the WC squad for a lad who is relatively untried at ODI level and they offer him some games in a 2nd XI series.

A bit of an insult in my opinion.

Didn't Roy turn down some form of contract with England to go and earn more money in America or have I got the completely wrong bloke?

He probably shouldn't have been picked in the first place. Just my imo but I'd choose brook over Roy every time.

Admittedly Roy's form has been less than great over the last two years but I'd have picked him for his experience. He's got to find his touch again some time and hopefully it would have happened in the WC.

Admittedly Roy's form has been less than great over the last two years but I'd have picked him for his experience. He's got to find his touch again some time and hopefully it would have happened in the WC.
Roy scored 2 hundreds from 6 innings this year with a top score of 132. Brook has 125 from 6 knocks.

Roy is massively unfortunate I wrongly assumed his fitness was why he was dropped.

I guess the logic taken is Stokes can't play every game so Brook will come in at 4 when he can't play. But could just have easily moved Malan to 4 and Roy to open in that case.

Back