England in South Africa - red ball

Paddy O'Dors

Striker
Start a new thread instead of tagging it on the one for those travelling.

Squad announced tomorrow.

Think it'll be the starting 11 in 2nd NZ test plus

Anderson
Wood
Bairstow
Leach
A N Other

Start a new thread instead of tagging it on the one for those travelling.

Squad announced tomorrow.

Think it'll be the starting 11 in 2nd NZ test plus

Anderson
Wood
Bairstow
Leach
A N Other
Think it'll be last test 11 plus
Ali
Leach
Foakes
Anderson
Wood
Buttler

Bairstow better player than Crawley and Sibley imo.
Wood selected despite being unfit and Bairstow back in after no red ball games :lol:

It's almost like a members club at times.

Personally I just think they try to pick the best players from those available and there is no evidence and also my opinion that they is better batsman in this country who should be in the squad instead of Bairstow

Last edited:
Bairstow better player than Crawley and Sibley imo.

Personally I just think they try to pick the best players from those available and there is no evidence and also my opinion that they is better batsman in this country who should be in the squad instead of Bairstow
Sibley and Crawley have played a combined 3 tests

Bairstow has been minging for 2 years. His first class record is excellent, but he has been crap for a while

Sorry should have said not better than Bairstow
Sibley and Crawley have played a combined 3 tests

Bairstow has been minging for 2 years. His first class record is excellent, but he has been crap for a while

Imo he is better player than them and played against the best seam attack in the world in bowler friendly conditions in his last series where most batsman did and would have struggled.

There is no one out there in the county set up who is not already involved in the England set up better than him imo.

Last edited:
Sorry should have said not better than Bairstow

Imo he is better player than them and played against the best seam attack in the world in bowler friendly conditions in his last series where most batsman did and would have struggled.

There is no one out there in the county set up who is not already involved in the England set up better than him imo.
His record over the last 2 years is dreadful. They haven’t been tested at that level

his county record is great. So was Mark Ramprakash’s

he does not deserve to be in the side right now

His record over the last 2 years is dreadful. They haven’t been tested at that level

his county record is great. So was Mark Ramprakash’s

he does not deserve to be in the side right now

It not a question of what you deserve for me personally, isn’t a question of whether you believe replacements are better, in any sport you pick your best squad/ team that is available from the pot of players available.

And I think Bairstow is defintely in the best 7 or 8 batsman in the country.

Of course I can see people’s point about his past failures, and I guess that’s part of the problem that international cricket is soo much of a jump from county cricket.
Absolute drivel.

Tbf it’s just a opinion, it’s not absolute drivel at all, not really enough evidence to prove it either way, although I believe he is a better player.
Absolutely no reason why Bairstow should be in the squad

Apart from that imo he is a better batsman than some who are in it.

Last edited:
It not a question of what you deserve for me personally, isn’t a question of whether you believe replacements are better, in any sport you pick your best squad/ team that is available from the pot of players available.

And I think Bairstow is defintely in the best 7 or 8 batsman in the country.

Of course I can see people’s point about his past failures, and I guess that’s part of the problem that international cricket is soo much of a jump from county cricket.

Tbf it’s just a opinion, it’s not absolute drivel at all, not really enough evidence to prove it either way, although I believe he is a better player.

Apart from that imo he is a better batsman than some who are in it.
How many times have you seen Crawley bat out of interest?

Given VOFP has absolutey no interest in county cricket, probably only the second Test.

I have never said I have no interest in county cricket.
Given VOFP has absolutey no interest in county cricket, probably only the second Test.
How many times have you seen Crawley bat out of interest?

Not that much tbf, but probably pretty much the same as people who want him in instead of Bairstow, but have seen Bairstow at times perform very well, and imo admittedly of not loads of evidence is that Bairstow is better, like I said earlier in reply to @TheRey its just a opinion, diffcult of to prove either way.

Last edited:
I have never said I have no interest in county cricket.

Not that much tbf, but have seen Bairstow at times perform very well, and imo admittedly of not loads of evidence is that Bairstow is better, like I said earlier in reply to @TheRey its just a opinion, diffcult of to prove either way.
So you think something is better than something else despite having next to no context for one of those things

do you work for the Tory party perchance?

So you think something is better than something else despite having next to no context for one of those things

do you work for the Tory party perchance?

Like I said it’s just opinion, the people who are calling for Crawley instead of Bairstow, is that beacuse they have seen him bat loads?

Or more to do with Bairstow not doing well recently.

Back