England in NZ

Are both expected to play now that Denly is injured?

Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root (c), Stokes, Pope, Buttler (w), Curran, Archer, Leach, Broad

Am I missing anyone?
Think Pope would bat at 5 and Stokes 6.

I’m ITK :lol:

Nah, quite happy with the team. Hope Sibley and Pope can get some runs, and the bowling attack looks good as well.

The pitch looks erm....interesting

Logon or register to see this image

NZ should be favourites tbh. Boult, Southee and whoever plays out of Wagner, Ferguson and Henry is some bowling attack. Plus Latham, Williamson, Taylor, Nichols and Watling are proven test quality batsmen. No real weaknesses or question marks in their lineup other than the second opening spot and spinner

Looks a good, balanced side that. The pitch looks a bit erm, helpful. Think I'll probably only end up watching until about 2am and catch up with the rest tomorrow.

NZ should be favourites tbh. Boult, Southee and whoever plays out of Wagner, Ferguson and Henry is some bowling attack. Plus Latham, Williamson, Taylor, Nichols and Watling are proven test quality batsmen. No real weaknesses or question marks in their lineup other than the second opening spot and spinner
Surely they can't start play on that? Fresh laid turf on prominent line and lengths.Lets hope we bowl first .Ideal conditions for Rushworth !!

Surely they can't start play on that? Fresh laid turf on prominent line and lengths.Lets hope we bowl first .Ideal conditions for Rushworth !!

You need a pitch like that to make it an even contest with them Kookaburras. Soft as shite.

New Zealand are probably favourites because of home advantage. I would say their batting looks better than ours, but we've finally picked a decent line-up imo. Really think Sibley and Pope will strengthen things, and Buttler sounds like he's in decent touch too.

Taking twenty wickets will, as ever, be our challenge away from home. New ball pairing is strong, but Stokes has really gone off the boil with the ball and I'm still not convinced Curran can be more than a fourth seamer. There'll be little for Leach out there either.

You need a pitch like that to make it an even contest with them Kookaburras. Soft as shite.

New Zealand are probably favourites because of home advantage. I would say their batting looks better than ours, but we've finally picked a decent line-up imo. Really think Sibley and Pope will strengthen things, and Buttler sounds like he's in decent touch too.

Taking twenty wickets will, as ever, be our challenge away from home. New ball pairing is strong, but Stokes has really gone off the boil with the ball and I'm still not convinced Curran can be more than a fourth seamer. There'll be little for Leach out there either.

I remember arguing at length against Curran being selected on flat pitches such as OT but he should be tailor made for this.

Why are some of the selection panel so incompetent at times ?
Middle order batsman Pope should bat at 5 and all rounder Stokes at 6.Beggars belief they cant get a simple selection formation right.I shake my head in disbelief.
Looks a good, balanced side that. The pitch looks a bit erm, helpful. Think I'll probably only end up watching until about 2am and catch up with the rest tomorrow.
Part timer!!! 😄

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are some of the selection panel so incompetent at times ?
Middle order batsman Pope should bat at 5 and all rounder Stokes at 6.Beggars belief they cant get a simple selection formation right.I shake my head in disbelief.

Part timer!!! 😄

Work 7 -3 mate otherwise I'd be up all night. Agree that Pope should be at 5 mind. I've got my doubts about Curran here mind. Big series for Broad mind.

Back