England in NZ

I'm all for test cricket lads, but no, sorry, a defensive field, a flat pitch, a kookaburra and batsmen inexplicably in block mode does stretch the patience.
Draws in test cricket are not the norm these days to be fair. And the cracks on this pitch could still yield a result (unlikely)

Pleased for Pope as he needed a score after being messed about. Goes without saying that I hope this is Root back to some form

Watched the first session and tend to agree with @Comeback_Kenwyne was a total snooze fest. Nothing happening with the ball and defensive fields is pretty poor to watch. Although as mentioned it makes a nice change from us just chucking the game away.

Draws in test cricket are not the norm these days to be fair. And the cracks on this pitch could still yield a result (unlikely)

Pleased for Pope as he needed a score after being messed about. Goes without saying that I hope this is Root back to some form

It was a strange innings from Pope and I don't begrudge him digging in. But I would have liked them to rotate the strike a bit more, quick singles, bit of urgency. At least from Root - he was on 160!

It was a strange innings from Pope and I don't begrudge him digging in. But I would have liked them to rotate the strike a bit more, quick singles, bit of urgency. At least from Root - he was on 160!
Watched the first session and tend to agree with @Comeback_Kenwyne was a total snooze fest. Nothing happening with the ball and defensive fields is pretty poor to watch. Although as mentioned it makes a nice change from us just chucking the game away.

The Kookaburra balls absolutely stink imo and need peddling.

I'm all for test cricket lads, but no, sorry, a defensive field, a flat pitch, a kookaburra and batsmen inexplicably in block mode does stretch the patience.

Especially when you on top, and you should be looking to up the rate, to give you more time to bowl the opposition out!

We are actually 1 0 down in a two match series, as some seem to be forgetting that.
I think we just need to bat well and not worry too much about the result. Getting the team playing the right sort of cricket is most important right now.

Hate to disagree with you again mate, but of the course the result has to be important, it’s a two match series and we 1 0 down.

Surely we not that bad of a test side, we just happy with batting time, surely when on top in a game that you need to win to square the series, we could at least consider a more positive mindset.

Last edited:

Back