England football teams - equal pay for men and women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the women’s charity shield the standard was terrible especially the finishing from the 2 best teams in English league, I’m not sure this is really equality when one side is bringing in the majority of revenue and interest, but maybe I’m sexist!

All the male players get the same ”wage” as each other.

All the male players are performing at a much higher level commercially. L2 Players don't earn the same amount as Premier League players for this reason.

Not sure I care too much about it actually, there's far too much money in men's football as is. Nice that the lads donate theirs to charity. Nice that the lasses get a bigger bonus for playing for their country.

Last edited:
Watching the women’s charity shield the standard was terrible especially the finishing from the 2 best teams in English league, I’m not sure this is really equality when one side is bringing in the majority of revenue and interest, but maybe I’m sexist!

It’s a standard that will only continue to grow now the players are going professional. Look at football (or cricket) thirty or forty years ago compared to now.

If the ladies can start to actually earn a living from the sport, and are able to train every day, then you’ll see an improvement on the pitch.

Revenue is fine if we’re talking about the clubs, but from the national body I think it should always be about representation.

Women footballers wanting equal pay is bloody ridiculous. That woman from the USA who never shuts up about it is a knob.
let’s make football gender neutral and if you’re good enough you play. 100% not one woman would be playing to any sort of professional standard.

Women footballers wanting equal pay is bloody ridiculous. That woman from the USA who never shuts up about it is a knob.
let’s make football gender neutral and if you’re good enough you play. 100% not one woman would be playing to any sort of professional standard.
Do you mean someone was trying to advocate gender-mixed teams at professional level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back